Caught Up In You - Mix #3 & 4

Lynn Wilson

On 11/12/2022 at 6:12 PM, noynekker said:

Hey Lynn . . . simply loving the slow rock shuffle feel to this one, no mix suggestions, just enjoying very much on my headphones, so much great stuff going on. This is just top notch pro sounding to me . . . bit of a prog rock ending, fun stuff there !

That's music to my ears!  I did spend considerable time mixing on headphones, though, good suggestions from everyone keeps pushing this in the right direction.  Thank you so much!

21 hours ago, freddy j said:

Hi Lynn.  This song really demonstrates your style.  You do write some great lyrics and your vocals certainly complemented the angst of the lyrics.  As always, you come up with some great guitar accents and leads.  I too was caught off guard at the end but doggone  -- it works -- cool!  Oh yea that bass line really drives it along.  Great work pal!!!

Hi Fred.  I just listened to your marvelous "Lucille" and what a treat!  I really appreciate your words, as I was in the dark for so long with this.  As for the ending; it was one of those situations where I combined one song with part of another.  A shuffle married to a boogie.

20 hours ago, antler said:

Hi Lynn.

I love the groove in this song!

The drums feel a little uneven to my ears. The cymbals seem a bit too loud compared with the kick and snare. Try giving them a bit more power with some parallel compression. Also try giving the snare a small boost around 7k; that'll help it feel a bit livelier in the denser parts of the song.

Great vocals and guitar throughout - well done!

Antler, thank you for your kind words and suggestion.  I just posted mix #4 which tinkered with the drums and other elements as well.  Maybe it'll be closer, though I will tinker with your ideas, too.