Hidden Symmetry

Snow in June

Posted (edited)

Dug out this easy listening/ instrumental tune today from my archives, did a few quick changes, remixed & made a video backdrop for it. Written one afternoon in June 2000 when I found out an old friend passed away. Not sure what version of Cake I originally used back then but it was 16b44k & the internet collab drum track was an mp3. CbB worked great, no issues loading or editing the old file.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Posted (edited)

Now, this is my favorite genre and this song is a winner!  I love the tone, playing, writing...everything. Great job!😊

Edited by amiller

Really nice work on this song!  beautifully written, performed, and the mix sounds good also.  You did an excellent job on matching the video and music.  Well done!

Thanks  freddy,  the video was an afterthought & thrown together in one swoop of adding clips while listening to the track. Nothing great but I'm glad you found it somewhat cohesive.

This is so beautiful and intricate that I had to listen several times to take it all in.  This is the kind of music that puts me in a good mood all day long.  Kudos!

excellent work all round - this popped right out of my speakers.

The video is also very effective.

Nice and very appropriate, like those subtle bends.  Sweet stuff thanks for sharing.

24 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

Nice and very appropriate, like those subtle bends.  Sweet stuff thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I liked the guitar. real cool...

This song is very nice . It has a subtle hypnotic quality to it ..Also , I absolutly like the genre ...

Your video and song presentation conveys the fact rather clearly that you are multi talented .

all the best,

Kenny

I enjoyed it as well, that's a mesmerizing guitar lead. And your video serves it up nicely. I like the full stop towards the end, fade to black, and then it modulates and continues. Cool.

cheers.

-Tom

Good job on syncing the video with the music. Are those your legs dangling off the building?
Really good gtr track. seemed like the resurrection of an old song worked out really well.

You could slot that track in to any one of a dozen or more Steve Hackett albums and it wouldn't sound an inch out of place - if there's a higher compliment I can pay you, I can't think of it right now. Awesome stuff!

Andy