Using Spark for recording & different device for playback

Mike Palmer

I have had  a Focusrite Scarlett and recently bought Spark Amp (windows 10) .  The Focusrite has been my playback device for years.  After installing the ASIO4ALL driver, I was able use the USB output from Spark to record however, I can't find a way to select the Focusrite as output. It's grayed out and there doesn't seem to be a way to use the focusrite for playback while the Spark is the recording device. I don't want to use the Spark for playback. I suppose I might have to resort to using headphone out jack from the Spark but that would not be my preference if possible. Can someone please let me know if there's a way to do what I want?

Thanks

Thanks! Yeah, I think it's screwing up other things already. Looks like I'll be returning to Amazon the long USB I ordered and ordering something to get me out of the headphone and into the Scarlett.  If that's where I'm going, should I order one with a split left & right 1/4 jack so I can  choose to go stereo or mono? I mostly use mono but don't want an extra  dangling 1/4" jack to create any additional noise or problems.