2.1 Monitoring Setup wih Apollo X series

HOOK

My old MOTU 24i/o blew up.  So I upgraded to an Apollo x6 since my i/o needs have drastically changed.  But I still need to run a 2.1 monitor setup - which is proving a challenge for me with the Apollo.  Anyone doing this with an Apollo x unit that could help me get my head around it?

I have a Dangerous Monitor ST that I've used for years.  I really don't need it in my new setup.  I mean...I could still use it to solve this problem.  But I'd rather sell it to help fund the cost of this entire recording system replacement. 

Setup info:  I have Focal Twin 6 be mains and a KRK 10s powered sub.  The KRK does have the feature where I could run the main signal to it, through its internal crossover, and back out to the mains.  But the path it takes through the KRK destroys the signal going to the Focal.  It's pretty bad.  So that's not an option.

If I can tie L/R/Sub to the volume knob on the x6, without anything between the x6 and the speakers, I'll be golden.  I just haven't figured it out yet.  I THINK it involves a 2.1 surround bus, but I've never setup like that before.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Edited by HOOK

• 4 months later...

I have the X6 as well. I have three sets connected, 2 reference monitor sets and 1 playback set that includes the sub. I use the outputs to reference sets and the sub which sends the original signal to the two playback speakers. look into the alt and fcn functions. hope this was helpful.

Thanks, Andre.  I actually returned that unit for several reasons.  One of the biggest being that the Thunderbolt driver was red-hot garbage on my PC.  Crash after crash when changing buffer or sampling settings.

Sorry hear that! I have enjoyed years of recording with my asus x99 deluxe II using intel 6850k with 96gb ram, uad x6, thex3 card and or gigabyte alpine, titan v2. I am more than sure your settings needed some intimate details. I wish i could have been more of assistance.