Scan not finding plugins

John Prassas

Hello I am sure this has been discussed. If so please do help me find the topic in the forum. 
I have installed some new plugin alliance plugins. The vst3 plugins are in the correct folder and when I first installed them cakewalk noticed them in the initial scan, but that was it. I did this with the online installer.

I tried doing this with the offline installer as well since this is generally an offline daw.  - Plugins still do not show up in cakewalk.

I wonder if I need to clean the registry to force cakewalk to notice the vst3 files again? 

I did try installing these plugins on a different machine with cakewalk and it worked great. 

Thank you

John

Edited by John Prassas

11 minutes ago, John Prassas said:

I wonder if I need to clean the registry to force cakewalk to notice the vst3 files again? 

This is the first thing a VST Reset does before re-scanning plug-ins.

Aside from the time it takes to run, a VST Reset is an easy way to fix most VST scan issues.

When running a VST Reset, it is a good idea to enable "Generate Scan Log" just in case the Reset does not clear up the problem.

The log may be useful as a diagnostic aid.

A VST Reset:

• clears the VST Inventory in the registry then
  • runs a VST scan

The VST Inventory contains information about the plug-ins gathered by the scan along with has some parameters that users can set.

The VST Inventory contains all VST2/3 plug-ins scanned whether they passed or failed the scan. This is why plug-ins that failed to scan may be listed in the scan log.

The VST inventory is used by the DAW, along with registry entries created at install time for DX plug-ins to create plug-in lists bundled with the DAW.