How to access some demo projects?

twinspex

I recently installed Cakewalk by Bandlab and found I could not open any demo projects to help me learn the app.

Searching the documentation told me that to be able to access demo projects I needed to install Cakewalk Command Center, which I did.

Now if I run Cakewalk Command Center I am asked to login. This app doesn't recognise the account credentials that I can use to access Cakewalk For Bandlab or Bandlab itself. It tells me that no such account exists.

If I opt to create an account the response is that new cakewalk account creation is disabled.

The result is that I cannot get into Cakewalk Command Center to try to find and download any demo Cakewalk projects or tutorials that may be available within the Command Center. I cannot access the Cakewalk shop either.

Please can someone tell me how to solve this impass. I really would like to examine some demo projects to help me with the Cakewalk For Bandlab learning curve.

Thanks for any help in advance.

David (aka twinspex)

Command Center is really only for legacy products that existed before Cakewalk by Bandlab. If you didn't have an account back then, you won't be able to create one.

To get the current demo projects in CbB, go to Help > Check for Updates and it should give you the option of downloading additional stuff, including demo projects.

There's one in particular that I contributed called "Time to Fly" that also comes with a fairly sizeable PDF file explaining everything to do with the project, so it's good for learning the app (at least one way of using it).

I'd also recommend checking out the Tutorials forum too:

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/35-tutorials/

The Owners Manual Tutorials in particular are super comprehensive for getting you comfortable with CbB. :) 

• Like 3