Copying only part of a three hour sixteen track cwp file

Steven Border

Question

2 answers to this question

Select in the timeline and copy-paste to a new, empty project or to a project started from a template saved from the full project if it has track names, routing or plugins you want to preserve from the original project. You can then save to a new folder with Copy All Audio enabled or save the new project in the original folder with Copy All Audio disabled to  reference the same audio files.  If want to save to a new folder with Copy All Audio, I would recommend executing bounce to clips in the new project first to generate audio files that contain only that section's audio.  Alternatively, you could select and delete what you don't want in each case, and Save-As to a new project name with or without bouncing to clips to write new, truncated audio files. I was going to suggest using "Invert Selection" for the latter approach, but it seems Cakewalk still does not have this feature.

I’ve done lots of these. 
I will simply use the split function ( select all “S” ) and delete all but the song I want. Then use Save as to rename and save the song.  Hit undo to return to whole project and repeat the process for each song. 

You can use mix recall to apply global effects to each project because it works great when each project is identical