GreenLight

Feature req: Ability to rename MIDI CC in automation envelopes and PRV

When using many MIDI CC envelopes it can sometimes be difficult to tell them apart.

It would be nice if custom names could be assigned to MIDI CC envelopes, see suggested screenshot #2.

Thanks for a great product!

1 MIDI CC current.png

2 MIDI CC with custom name.png

Edited by GreenLight
Better topic name
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 3

This can be done globally. Under "Controller names", "Standard" in Define instruments and Names, you can customise the list as shown below.

It would be nice if this can be done per VST synth, however.controller_names.jpg

• Thanks 1

Per VST or effect would be much better.  Not all VSTs or effect use controllers in the same manner.  A good number of controllers are not assigned in the midi standard but are used in VSTs or effects.

On 6/10/2019 at 11:12 AM, Promidi said:

This can be done globally. Under "Controller names", "Standard" in Define instruments and Names, you can customise the list as shown below.

It would be nice if this can be done per VST synth, however.

Thanks for the great tip, Promidi!

I know there is a MIDI CC standard, but the parameters a MIDI CC controls are often unique per project anyway, at least for me. Any given parameter on any given VST synth could be MIDI learned to (almost) any MIDI CC number, so pre-defining global parameter names is not really feasible.

Assigning a name to an envelope would probably be most convenient when creating the envelope. :)

• Great Idea 1

Any more takers for this?

This would really simplify working with MIDI CC's! Imagine being able to set a custom name for a MIDI CC, like so:

image.png.5f10652a9965ec311e5f12bf28bfdcac.png

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

@GreenLight - why not just rename your automation lane?

image.thumb.png.8006f298bae5d5413ce5be3f54805948.png

Thanks for the tip @msmcleod that's something I had never realized/considered! 😀

It would be awesome though to be able to rename the "mouseover name" of MIDI CC's, since I rarely expand the automation lanes... I usually edit them in the main track using the Edit Filter. And it would also take effect in the menu:

image.png.4f0f35dd2f0136fa0f2c2f50d6a3020f.png

But still a great tip, thanks! 👍

Edited by GreenLight
Added image
  • Like 1

Because I want to use the CC Controllers in the PRV. (I use the Transform a lot, for eg)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Because I want to use the CC Controllers in the PRV. (I use the Transform a lot, for eg)

Exactly, I do that a lot too. 👍

So custom MIDI CC names would have to be visible there as well.