Zoom in makes it extremely difficult to place the clips precisely on the grid

Sonarman

I have seen similar behaviour when increasing the gain (process) in sections of a wave audio clip (here I changed the gain of a 2nd selection):

StrangeClip1.jpg.69db52ff44b11145be5e8f757b5d378e.jpg

Zooming out heals the wave form, but as soon as you zoom in again you have the same weird wave display:

StrangeClip2.jpg.b33b6d4da6706274e1528d8815948552.jpg

The augmentation of the weirdness is when you zoom in again and scroll left or right! Then the lengths of the flat lines begin to vary (compare the image below with the first one, it is the same zoom level!):

StrangeClip3.jpg.48a772a50306af4c27828c7aa5ad496f.jpg

If you bounce to clips, then the wave form is often cured. But lately I had a case where bouncing did not resolve the problem. So I had to export the clip (and it was okay in the wave file) and re-import it. A real show stopper!

• Sad 1

@marled I think Grem pored a bit of insight on your issue in one of the previous posts. Not sure if you had it noticed.  I'll quote it here.

On 5/23/2019 at 7:44 PM, Grem said:

has to do with CbB saving extra data/info for the clip so that it can revert back or undo.

Others have reported strange behavior that was due to info that is 'traveling' with the clip for reasons of reverting and undo. So I am not sure if this is a bug or expected behavior.

Edited by Sonarman
typo
  • Like 1