Change themes with one click? My recipe

Starship Krupa

It's usually 4 clicks, with a list browse to choose the theme. Not a big deal if you don't change themes that often, but if you work on theming, you have to switch themes every time you preview your work and then save it.

Here's how to get it to a single click:

Use workspaces. All you do is load the theme you wish to be able to switch to quickly, then create a workspace for it, selecting only "Theme" for what you want to "Load from Workspace." Next time you want to switch to that theme, select that workspace and it will load the theme without making any other changes to your layout. I have them for all of my 7 themes.

• Great Idea 3

It might not be a problem for most people, but in my experience there is a limited number of User *.lns [lower case LNS] files that will be shown in the workspaces dropdown.  No folders in the list either.  I'd like to be wrong about these, but I have bumped up against the limit with all my workspace tests.  

UPDATE:  To confirm, I moved four unused Workspaces I did in April 2020 into a folder [Archives] within my User Workspaces folder.  As expected, they did not appear in the drop down list; however, four others at the bottom of the alphanumerical list (previously not shown) were there.  I am getting a constant maximum of 49 user workspaces between the separator after "None" and before the separator for the factory workspaces.

Edited by User 905133
(2) to confirm my experience; (1) to fix a typo

8 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Is that equivalent to re-opening Cakewalk, or does it still have the problem where some theme elements aren't refreshed correctly in the UI? Not meaning to be "that guy" but curious.

It seems to be similar to changing themes via Preferences. Some colors stick, the Browser's expand button gets reversed, and the Browser's tabs get wonky.

Would be nice if it did refresh everything.

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I am getting a constant maximum of 49 user workspaces

Wow, you've obviously found more uses for them than I.