Possible to use midi keyboard and midi cc controller together?

Jmus

Needing a seperate controller as keyboard only has assignable mod wheel. Is it possible to run both at the same time?

For example, I want to play the notes from midi keyboard while changing things like velocity x fade or expression

with a different controller - all done 'live' so to speak!

1 hour ago, Jmus said:

Needing a seperate controller as keyboard only has assignable mod wheel. Is it possible to run both at the same time?

For example, I want to play the notes from midi keyboard while changing things like velocity x fade or expression with a different controller - all done 'live' so to speak!

I have done this using different midi tracks pointed to the same destination (one for a usb keyboard and another for a korg nanokontrol).

Edited by User 905133
to fix typo (kontrol not control)

10 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I have done this using different midi tracks pointed to the same destination (one for a usb keyboard and another for a korg nanokontrol).

So two tracks, same instrument and channel, one with midi key and the other with controller? Yes, this makes sense

5 minutes ago, Darren McFerran said:

You don't even need to do that...

Just tell your vst instrument track to listen to all midi inputs and set it to omni, I use two midi keyboards, a novation control surface (zero SL mkII) and a breath controller all at once feeding just one midi track!

Yes, I thought of that as one possible option, but having multiple tracks using multiple controllers all set to omni can cause problems depending on what the OP will be doing later on.