antler

Mysteries of Time

Hi all. I was playing about with a new Kontakt freebie to see what it could do, and came up with a quick tune. You might have already seen this as I posted it in the Deals forum, but thought I'd put it here too. Enjoy! (and as usual, comments/feedback welcome)

• Like 6

Very nice and soothing indeed!  It brought up a few images for me (e.g., at first Christmas bells, then new growth in spring, etc.).  I don't know what Kontakt freebie that you were using but you made it sound good.  A lovely piece and good work!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, freddy j said:

Very nice and soothing indeed!  It brought up a few images for me (e.g., at first Christmas bells, then new growth in spring, etc.).  I don't know what Kontakt freebie that you were using but you made it sound good.  A lovely piece and good work!

Desk Bell per a different thread: 

Thanks for listening everyone, and thanks 905133 for linking to the other thread.

23 hours ago, freddy j said:

It brought up a few images for me (e.g., at first Christmas bells, then new growth in spring, etc.).

Those images hadn't crossed my mind before, but I can see it too now you mention it - it's great how everyone can have different perspectives on the same piece of music!

12 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Antler love the anthropomorphic insects  in the background. Reminds me of my grandma's farm.

Thanks David - to tell the truth, I'm not sure what they are exactly; I did think they made a nice texture though :)

Nice soundscape with tranquil and hoovering ambiance. Music  for the relaxing. 
Well done soundtrack.

• Like 1

Give it some drums haha that's a great intro to start pushing a soundtrack forward.  Love the vibe

P

• Like 1

Thanks for listening all, and for the comments.

9 hours ago, whoisp said:

Give it some drums haha that's a great intro to start pushing a soundtrack forward.  Love the vibe

P

Thanks - and that's a good idea; I might do another version adding other libs to the mix too.

6 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Very nice and crisp. What did you use for the screen video ?   mark

Thanks Mark. I did it in HitFilm Pro - Humble Bundle ran a deal a few years ago where they offered it for a very low price. I've heard it crashes a bit for more complex videos, but I've not had any problems while doing my relatively trivial videos. There's a free version available, but I think you'll need to buy an addon pack for the spectrum analyser. I got the pic from Pexels.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jwnicholson78 said:

Very nice.  I particularly liked the chord changes.

Thanks for listening Jeff - glad you liked it.

This instrument and this music has scope for further development do not let this one die or fade away, do some more on it.  You have the 1:35 intro.

59 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

This instrument and this music has scope for further development do not let this one die or fade away, do some more on it.  You have the 1:35 intro.

Exactly what Wookiee Said!! I liked this a lot and would like to see it developed some more.

Nigel