Having trouble with edits

Willbur

Question

All I'm trying to do is delete some time, I highlight the area on the track, go to edit sometimes it shows delete sometimes it's greyed out (something else I need to know how to stop that from being greyed out) I select delete special make sure it's set to delete hole and nothing happens except it's not highlighted anymore, I try it again with whole measures check box and nothing happens.  Sometimes I can get it to work if I only highlight small sections and delete it in 3 or 4 parts (unnecessary pain in the *****)  How do I do this so it works every time and I actually know what's wrong and might have a chance of fixing it before i destroy my laptop from bashing my head into it...

1 answer to this question

If ripple edit is off and there is are no events in the selection, then the Delete will be greyed out.

If you want to delete time in your entire project and there are no events in the selection, turn "ripple edit all" on.

If you want to delete time in just one track and there are no events in the selection, turn "ripple edit Selection" on.