Jump to content
Tez

Bounce Question

Recommended Posts

On a bounce to tacks what buffer size is equivalent to the 2021.06 "Fast bounce" option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fast bounce is not related to the buffer size option directly. All it means is that Cakewalk exports as fast as it can and is not gated by realtime playback.
The custom buffer size itself only applies when Realtime playback is unchecked in the 2021.09.

The only change in 09 is that fast bounce is now renamed to "Render in real-time". So to do the equivalent of a fast bounce make sure render in real-time is unchecked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Fast bounce is not related to the buffer size option directly. All it means is that Cakewalk exports as fast as it can and is not gated by realtime playback.
The custom buffer size itself only applies when Realtime playback is unchecked in the 2021.09.

The only change in 09 is that fast bounce is now renamed to "Render in real-time". So to do the equivalent of a fast bounce make sure render in real-time is unchecked.

With buffer size set to "350" in the Export window and selecting Bounce to clip on a single track, the audio disappears. I set the buffer size to "Playback" in the export window went back to the clip and selecting Bounce to clip on a single track and it work fine. So the buffer size in th Eport window has an impact on just regular clip bouncing. It seems strange that the Export function is impacting just regular editing of clips.

Thanks

Roc

 

Edited by rocstudio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the that buffer size is global so is used by bounce to clip as well. That part is not new to this release.
Perhaps we should ignore that setting for bounce to clips since it has no UI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Yes the that buffer size is global so is used by bounce to clip as well. That part is not new to this release.
Perhaps we should ignore that setting for bounce to clips since it has no UI.

I like your idea about ignoring the setting because there is no UI! It's not critical but that would probably eliminate any miss understanding.

Thanks for the explanation!

Roc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rocstudio I'm not seeing any cases where audio disappears when you do a bounce to clip with buffer size set to 350. If you can reproduce this can you share a zip of your project folder so we can look at it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@rocstudio I'm not seeing any cases where audio disappears when you do a bounce to clip with buffer size set to 350. If you can reproduce this can you share a zip of your project folder so we can look at it?

I took my project and deleted all but two tracks. Created a copy of each track and bounced the copy to show there is no audio. The export buffer set to 350. Link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o0p48ZkTzQ91W7g8YdhpZYasxrmDhQ3t/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for looking at this!

Roc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

I can repro it with your file! I'll investigate it thanks.

Interesting... I just opened the file I sent to you and right clicked on the guitar clip and Bounced to Clip and got the same result. No audio!

I'm not sure what's going on! I hope you find it!

Here is a screen shot of the Export window.

Thank again@

Roc

image.thumb.png.3da5c715a512dbe64c8bfbdbaca8a37e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting silent bounces or mix downs with this update of cakewalk as well.  Disabling my waves Vocal rider in one of my plug in chains seemed to help. Have not had time to duplicate on all wave plugins........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ty Ener-Chi please post in the main feedback thread and provide a project that has a repro. Its impossible to diagnose without knowing exactly what you are doing.
Have you tried rolling back to the prior release to check if its a new issue or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...