Is this website legit?

Shane_B.

Brian May's Official Website

It looks like it really is him. You can email him and he responds. But you know how easily everything can be faked.

Has anyone had any experience with this site and contacting him? Is this really his site and is that really him responding? When other people respond for him they always put their name in the response. And he signs the responses when it's him responding.

I have a serious question I've always wanted to ask him about the band but would feel really stupid if I sent an email and it turned out to be a fake site.

It looks like it could be real, but then again it looks a little generic. I don't know.

Thoughts anyone?

It certainly seems to be legit to me and the site certainly  fits his personality (especially the message: KINDLY AVOID MAILS ON WEEKENDS & PUBLIC HOLIDAYS. )

The domain is registered to a company called Duck Productions Limited, previously known as THRUSH PRODUCTIONS LIMITED from 1975 to 1977 and has none other than Dr Brian Harold May as a director and majority shareholder.

• Like 1

According to WhoIs.com (which keeps records for all web domains registered on the Internet) the site is owned by BrianMay.com - Duck Productions Ltd out of Ontario Canada. It was initially registered on July 7, 1997 through GoDaddy.com, LLC. All info can be found here - https://www.whois.com/whois/brianmay.com

WhoIs.com is a nice resource for determining who actually registered a web site domain.

30 minutes ago, Mandolin Picker said:

WhoIs.com is a nice resource for determining who actually registered a web site domain.

Unless the domain is registered to GoDaddy or one of the smaller services that offer a so-called "private registration" option. This feature exists solely to obfuscate the domain's true ownership by listing GoDaddy as the domain owner rather than the actual customer. Sketchy internet entrepreneurs love this service. 

But outside the EU users have to pay extra to keep their information hidden, so legit website creators in North America usually don't bother. So if whois shows an actual business or person's name instead of GoDaddy.com, that's an indication they may be legit. Or just dumb crooks.

2 hours ago, paulo said:

Having had a quick look at it my first thought was that a fake website would probably look more professional.

That's what threw me off. Seriously. I was thinking man, if this is real it should look a bit more professional. You know, Mr. PhD and all that. But then I thought, well, if it was fake, it would indeed look a bit more professional. 

I missed his Monday ~ Friday 8am to 5pm deadline so I'll have to wait till monday. I'll probably forget all about it by then. LOL

6 hours ago, paulo said:

Having had a quick look at it my first thought was that a fake website would probably look more professional.

Maybe he does it himself as a side hobby...instead of smashing hotel rooms.

Look at the keywords in the metadata:

<meta name="keywords" content="Brian May, Brian, May, Queen, Soapbox, News, Official, guitarist, song writer, Red Special, guitar, Tour, 2005, Paul Rodgers, Plus, +, and, queenpluspaulrodgers, Queen and Paul Rodgers, Adam Lambert, Olympics, Freddie Mercury, Roger Taylor, John Deacon, We Will Rock You, Bohemian Rhapsody, Brian May Band, 46664, Nelson Mandela, Patrick Moore, astronomy, stereo photography, stereoscopic, 3-D, 3D, daggeurotypes, diableries, french tissue, artist, Rock, Smile, 1984, Mercury Phoenix Trust, MPT, British Bone Marrow Association, BBMDA, bang, bang!, universe, brian may, patrick moore, chris lintott, astronomy, space, Big Bang, Big Bang Theory, Evolution of the Universe, Astronomy book, Cosmology, A, Village, Lost, Found, Scenes in our Village, TR, Williams, London Stereoscopic Company, Cosmic, Tourist, Origin of the Universe, Stars, Galaxies, Planets, Black Holes, Inflation Theory, Diableries, Save Me, Save-Me, Teambadger, Team Badger, Wildlife Rocks, Kerry Ellis, Anthems, Born Free, AC30, Imperial College, Liverpool John Moores University, LJMU, RSPCA, Badger Trust" />