Sign in to follow this  
mark skinner

El Godin

Here's a Very minimal project using only my Godin la patrie classical/ jazz crossover.  I wanted to use an additional mic , but I went DI because of the pounding rain from the hurricane ( in my not so soundproof music room).  Anything sticking out that needs attention feel free to let me know. I know I've got a few string squeaks but opted to leave them in.   It was nice not fooling with a lot of tracks .  Thank You ..      mark

• Like 2

The DI on this sounds pretty damn fine Mark.

Did you de es the squeaks at all? Sometimes the results are worse than the squeaks.

What's the verb on this one?

t

oh, and well played btw

• Like 1

Thanks , David and Miguel , I'm glad you approved. @DeeringAmps the reverb was basic Sonitus. I found an EQ preset and with a little tweeking really helped the DI.  I didn't try to do anything to the squeaks , and have never even thought to try a deesser . Thanks for mentioning that.    Later ..   mark

• Like 1

Very fluent Mark - very impressive work - never apologise for the squeaks, they're as much a part of the performance as the notes. 😉

Loved it. 

Andy

• Like 1

Wow! I really like this Mark! 

I like the playing and I think that the DI sound is excellent.

Well done!

• Like 1

Mark  . . . more excellence and finely played guitars . . . you went nylon this time. Now, I'm hearing some subtle allusions to a Spanish guitar version of Sultans of Swing, was that intentional, or just sub-conscious ?  Either way, you've swung it your own way,  with improvisations above and beyond. 

• Like 1

I enjoy this very much.  Sweet sounding acoustic work well recorded.    The squeaks are always welcome with me.  That's the way an acoustic guitar is supposed to sound.

You recorded this during a hurricane?!  Talk about dedication! 😉

😀John B.

• Like 1