Changing Pro Q3 Preset by MIDI Program Change not working...

Alex Red

Hello,

I am trying to change the Preset settings of a Pro-Q3 filter using MIDI program Change commands... so I made this :

- In the VST3 properties of the Plugin I checked the 'Configure as Synth' and 'Enable MIDI Input'...

- In the Plugin I enabled the 'Options/Enable MIDI Program Changes' as per FabFilter's reported procedure...

- I created a MIDI track, and directed it's output to the Pro-Q3 Synth input, and checked that such a synth correctly opens the assigned plugin if selected...

- In the MIDI track I assigned Program/Bank changes, in any combination and of any types, both to the track panel and as events in the track itself...

They never works, the selected Preset in the Plugin always remain the same, without any change....

I have tested this few times, and never works...What I am missing...?

Have any1 successfully used this procedure...?

Thanks for any support...

Regards

Alex

You have not missed anything.  Your steps are sound.  

I installed the trial version of Fabfilter Pro Q3 and I also could not get the VST3 version of Fabfilter Pro Q 3 to respond to program change MIDI events either.

So I tried the VST2 version of Pro Q3, and that responded to program changes fine.

This seems to be an issue with the VST3 version of Fabfilter and program changes as I tried another VST3 Equaliser that does indeed respond to program change MIDI events.