IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

42 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

So next year a hardware only GB? 

Or truly everything including hardware qualifiers.  This year was tough with the component shortage so we have had a hard time keeping units available globally compared to previous years.  We're set for the new pedals but we're also making sure we can keep pushing out more and more monitors, interfaces, and can get some of the planned exciting hardware to market as soon as possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

If it does go with 20 to one I don't think it would help me.  I have ST4-max and I think after 6 to 1, I will only be getting duplicates 😆

I wonder if we’ll be able to do a TS4 Maxgrade later when we have ST4 Max …

Wow...

IKM won't give me credit for the Group Buy for registering the Fender Collection because I already have a license registered to my collection.
Yet they are more that happy to sell me duplicate licenses, below is an image from the web page listing qualified items for Group Buy.
image.png.71d0aa5eae997117335b14b13db65c6e.png
that and questioning where I obtained the license from (which I purchased from one of IKM's resellers) , being reminded that I can't sell or give away free items...
Since when has the Fender Collection been free? Can't they track which vendor they supplied a license to? The whole exchange with support has left me feeling as if I'm tainted.

Below is the last email response for IKM support on the subject...

From: IK Multimedia Support Team <ticket.web@ikmultimedia.com>
Sent: Monday, August 9, 2021 11:24 AM
To: Steve Brenner <#########@###.###>
Subject: Re: IK WEBSITE REQUEST: Promotions [#4680912]

-- reply above this line --

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

Do note that you can not sell licenses that are given to you as an NFR (Not For Resale), or via a Promotion.

It is best to purchase a qualified software title you do not own, and you will unlock even more products via the Group Buy and have more to choose from.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If you still have any question, interests, or concerns, please reply to this email and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible. Please make sure to reply to this email and do not open another support ticket.

Sebastian C.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.

Check out our current promotions for discounts, bonus content, and give-aways.

Tune into the weekly IK streams, IK Tech Talk stream on YouTube Live for tips, tricks & give-aways.

Sign up to the newsletter and we’ll keep you informed of any new promos, products, videos, & more.

THIS IS BOGUS - no where in the terms does it say that the registration must be for a item that you do not previously have.
Here's the terms of the Group Buy directly from IMK's web site.

image.png.a1141597898f43c479c9b4e3609ec413.png

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Sad 5

not seriously but seriously:

If the pattern is "Buy 1 Get X free when X,000 registrations are reached" ... "up to our goal of 25,000 participants, and 25 titles for the price of 1!"

would that last tier be Buy 1 Get 25 free with 25,000 participants, meaning an extra one, 26 for the price of 1?

Edited by mister_tea
  • Like 1

observations from skimming the promo page:

The $199 level looks like it will end up being a really good deal for someone new to IK.

checking overlap, AT5 contains everything in AT5SE. But if a TR5 owner picks up TR5SE, it looks like they would add the 1176, LA2A, Tape Echo and De-Esser? If that's the case, could be useful for the $150 level.

nice of them to include the comprexxor in the promotion. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mister_tea said:

observations from skimming the promo page:

The $199 level looks like it will end up being a really good deal for someone new to IK.

checking overlap, AT5 contains everything in AT5SE. But if a TR5 owner picks up TR5SE, it looks like they would add the 1176, LA2A, Tape Echo and De-Esser? If that's the case, could be useful for the $150 level.

nice of them to include the comprexxor in the promotion. 

I don't understand the logic behind TR5SE, As far as I can tell, all other SE products contain a subset of the next product up. But  that is not the case for TR5SE. Seems kind of strange to me.

5 hours ago, TheSteven said:

no where in the terms does it say that the registration must be for a item that you do not previously have.

This is correct. Last GB I got the Fender Collection for $49 and that got me into the GB at a higher level I needed to get the stuff I wanted.

But to be honest, I can't remember if I authorized it, since I already had AT4 MAX.

@TheStevenDid you install and authorize it?

My wallet will hate me, but I keep looking at TRackS 5 Deluxe--I can get it for $220 with my JamPoints. That means I could pick from anything on the group buy list for my 2(5) free products. 

(TRackS 5 Max is the same price, but then there are no freebies.)

Of course, an hour ago I didn't know I needed anything from IKM.

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, artturner said:

I keep looking at TRackS 5 Deluxe

Just buy one item for TRackS (but not a item included in TR Deluxe), use it in the free version of TR. Then if this thing does go all the way, you will have made out a lot better than buying TRD for $220. And if it doesn't go all the way, just choose fx that are not in Deluxe and buy TRD after that GB is over.

That way you can get the most for the least.

Example: Buy Sunset Sound module at $149. Then you can choose TR5 as a freebie, plus some of the best modules TR5 has to offer  in the $129 range ( and you can count on this going to at least 5 freebies!) for free!! That would be the new Comprexxor, Stealth Limiter (excellent), and the Master 432 (also excellent!) and more!

You could end up with the whole shabang for $149!!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1