Noel Borthwick

Windows 11 compatibility

6 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

I upgraded from W10 and Pro Channel is working as expected.

J

Thanks, Jeremy. I guess it's just a problem with my system that I'll need to work out, I appreciate your comment!

Update: 2022-01-13 8:50 PM PST: Finished work, decided to jump right in and figure out what the heck is going on and it worked like a champ 1st time. I swear I didn't change a thing. Thanks to the great Cakewalk forum folks who always jump in and offer their assistance. This community is the best!

Edited by Ed Evans

Hi @Noel Borthwick I just wanted to let you know that I will be testing CbB in Windows 11 on my son's new laptop.

I bought him an HP pavilion AMD Ryzen 7, 16gb system with W11. We've installed Cakewalk plus additional connect, Kontakt,  some libraries. So far everything is running smooth as silk. I'm tempted to get one myself.

My son is 13 years old and enrolled in the local conservatorio of music here in Italy where he plays piano. He's already light years ahead of me in terms of piano playing and theory, but I want him to get a headstart on music production so that he can have fun making music whilst learning some hard skills in the art of digital music production. His conservatory is old fashioned and doesn't really teach anything about music production/recording.

If we come across any glitches while using CbB, I'll let you know here.

On a side note: kontakt installed seamlessly on this setup. That's a first!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Hi @Noel Borthwick I just wanted to let you know that I will be testing CbB in Windows 11 on my son's new laptop.

I bought him an HP pavilion AMD Ryzen 7, 16gb system with W11. We've installed Cakewalk plus additional connect, Kontakt,  some libraries. So far everything is running smooth as silk. I'm tempted to get one myself.

My son is 13 years old and enrolled in the local conservatorio of music here in Italy where he plays piano. He's already light years ahead of me in terms of piano playing and theory, but I want him to get a headstart on music production so that he can have fun making music whilst learning some hard skills in the art of digital music production. His conservatory is old fashioned and doesn't really teach anything about music production/recording.

If we come across any glitches while using CbB, I'll let you know here.

On a side note: kontakt installed seamlessly on this setup. That's a first!

I don’t think you’ll find many issues, been working perfectly here since my upgrade.

J

On 11/1/2021 at 9:52 AM, Alan Russell said:

So many audio drop out issues with Windows 11...I have the top DELL tower machine  16gigs ram..huge hardrives...never had these issue with Windows 10.   problems recording - won't start-drop out occurs immediately.   cracking the 1st second of any track (Audio)  I record live...buffers were upped to 2048...very aggravating..

Did you figure it out?  I have the same issue with all my old projects.