No Midi Input

rmchallen

Question

I posted in an earlier thread that Cakewalk does not see my recently purchased Korg Nanokontroller2. I followed all the steps to installation as I understood them: I installed what I believe to be the latest driver (2/21); I simultaneously pressed the set and record buttons while powering it up, which I understand puts in "Sonar" mode. (The record light blinks.) The problem may be more general, however,  as there is no  input to Cakewalk from my midi keyboard. (Casio CDP-100) Cakewalk sees my Tascam US 144- mkII midi interface, which is what I use for my midi keyboard input; and I have it selected as my midi input device.  And I know its functioning because I use it in Sibelius Ultimate with no problem.  Also, the Tascam interface is what I use for audio output.  I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

1 answer to this question

Hi. I had some confusion myself around items set as midi controllers. If your midi device is assigned as a controller, when you set it as a track input, the level will not bounce and the notes with not play.

Delete the midi controller entry and now it can work as a midi instrument driver.