How can I reinstall Breverb 2?

Bevan

Yes but Overloud was very good to us and if you contacted them they handed out activation licenses for all our Overloud products. I still get e mails from them so they treat me as a paying customer. 

The question is.. do people who only have Cakewalk by Bandlab have Breverb and TH3? 

To get a activation code you send them a screen shot of your Sonar About screen showing your serial number.. if they are still doing this. 

Screenshot (84)_LI.jpg

Edited by John Vere

35 minutes ago, John Vere said:

he question is.. do people who only have Cakewalk by Bandlab have Breverb and TH3? 

The plug-ins bundled with CbB are documented

It may take a clean install to recover the plug-ins bundled in the core as they are likely not in the update installers.  Alternately, apply a couple of rollback installers then run an update from BA. It should use a full installer instead of an update installer.

support@cakewalk.com should no for sure.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 4:30 AM, John Vere said:

Yes but Overloud was very good to us and if you contacted them they handed out activation licenses for all our Overloud products. I still get e mails from them so they treat me as a paying customer. 

The question is.. do people who only have Cakewalk by Bandlab have Breverb and TH3? 

To get a activation code you send them a screen shot of your Sonar About screen showing your serial number.. if they are still doing this. 

Screenshot (84)_LI.jpg

On 4/16/2021 at 11:16 PM, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Breverb shipped with X3 & Platinum. 

Yes I already purchased both X3 Producer and Platinum back in the day.

I currently thought I had followed all the steps to get it all working with Cakewalk, but its still constantly buggy.

I don't even know how to get that 'about screen' to show.

I got a reply from Overloud: 

Hello,

I’m sorry to have to inform you that the version of Breverb that came with Sonar can only be used inside of it, is not possible to use it as a standalone.

The offer to receive a Breverb 2 Cakewalk code unfortunately expired when Bandlab acquired Cakewalk, new we cannot legally send Breverb 2 Cakewalk codes.

I will try to reinstall Sonar Platinum and see if that works then.

On 4/17/2021 at 5:24 AM, mettelus said:

I forget offhand now, but isn't this the plugin that gets overwritten each time you update CbB? One of those unlocked plugins had to be reinstalled each time CbB was updated, but not sure if this was it?

That's what I've experienced. However, I could always re-install it with the original code that was given. 

I "cloned" my favorite Breverb settings in IK's Classic reverb plug-ins in case I couldn't use Breverb any more, but that hasn't happened yet. I was just going to bite the bullet and buy Breverb (hey, it's a great product!). But then I figured out how to make my own impulse responses for convolution reverbs, and that's become my new go-to.

1 hour ago, Craig Anderton said:

That's what I've experienced. However, I could always re-install it with the original code that was given. 

I "cloned" my favorite Breverb settings in IK's Classic reverb plug-ins in case I couldn't use Breverb any more, but that hasn't happened yet. I was just going to bite the bullet and buy Breverb (hey, it's a great product!). But then I figured out how to make my own impulse responses for convolution reverbs, and that's become my new go-to.

how do the two compare, breverb vs ik classic? sound the same with same settings?

1 hour ago, pwalpwal said:

how do the two compare, breverb vs ik classic? sound the same with same settings?

I use the IK CSR Hall, which has more parameters than the Breverb. So, you can't really do a 1:1 parameter match. To create the preset, I started with the same reverb time as my desired Breverb setting. Editing the usual suspects - crossover, damping, low frequency multiplier, etc. - got it super-close. Then I did a few more tweaks for diffusion etc. There are some elements that really don't correlate, like it seemed like a needed 35 ms Pre Delay on the IK to get the same kind of early reflections as 10 ms for the Breverb. But after a bit of tweaking, the differences were so minor I saved the IK preset as "Breverb Hall Emulation." 

• Like 1