Flatbed Effect list request.

Will.

Feature request for a flatbed effect list. 

Cakewalk really needs this feature for its effect list. Scrolling to an effect that's at the botton - so tedious! 😣

The last update, brought my request to 70%  - With this, it'll be 80% that's where Cakewalk sits on features with me today under it's new home. 

The other 20% is stability, New/better Automation features, New Export features too - like adding a single or Album Art cover. 

Than there's just small enhancements to do here and there at the very last stage. That's how satisfied I am with Cakewalk today. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Do you not use the FX Browser then ? I've not used the old method since about 8.5 ...10 yrs ?

Scrolling to a plugin occurs there too. 😂

Unless I take time off to delete all those unnecessary plugins I dont use anymore, but that's gonna take 10years  😭

I don't use the dock windows anymore - other than just for adding samples. 

A flatbed will be ideal. Not everyones workflow are the same. I find those dock windows unattractive. It's been almost 8years I'm not using the dock windows anymore. 

I'm trying to keep as much real estate in track view and console available. It's also a long plugin dragging-insert. 😂

On hand is quicker and better for my workflow. 

Good idea what I mean about my workflow: I dont scroll up to the TOOLS MODULE I use the shortcut "T" at place where my Mouse cursor is. That's quick fast and efficient.

A flatbed will be the same. 

Respectively. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

A "wide window" that show all the effects in it's category on one window. 

EXAMPLE: Lets say you have 200 Compressor plugins in your Dynamic category folder it's gona show/view all 200 plugins in that folder on one windows. 

FL Studio.jpg

PT 12.jpg

Edited by Will_Kaydo

2 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

You (especially you given that plugin list :-)) could still run out of screen real estate...what happens then (genuine question)?

You (especially you talking about running out of window) will still have easier access to all of them. What happens then (Genuine question)? 

2 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Scrolling to a plugin occurs there too. 😂

I don't really have to scroll and it says I've got 715 plugins but I suspect some of those are old 32bit dupes I should have zapped but I've organised them all into my own folders.

image.thumb.png.5baa63f552f67357722b261273f892c1.png

2 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

It's also a long plugin dragging-insert. 😂

I'm with you on Track view real estate  - I don't like the double sized Inspector and wish I could put it back the way it used to be. But I keep the Browser open as I find it so much quicker to do a text search for a plugin than the old method..and if you have it docked on the left it's not very far to drag !

image.png.29f1459f6b1ec2ade6725a3ab0e7a785.png

Shortcut B opens and closes it...or I have a macro on my Streamdeck that closes both the Inspector and Browser with one key

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I don't really have to scroll and it says I've got 715 plugins but I suspect some of those are old 32bit dupes I should have zapped but I've organised them all into my own folders.

image.thumb.png.5baa63f552f67357722b261273f892c1.png

I'm with you on Track view real estate  - I don't like the double sized Inspector and wish I could put it back the way it used to be. But I keep the Browser open as I find it so much quicker to do a text search for a plugin than the old method..and if you have it docked on the left it's not very far to drag !

image.png.29f1459f6b1ec2ade6725a3ab0e7a785.png

Shortcut B opens and closes it...or I have a macro on my Streamdeck that closes both the Inspector and Browser with one key

For some reason, I can't deal with those windows. A clean interface looks attractive. I have a decent size monitor too for real-estate on that. 

8 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

For some reason, I can't deal with those windows. A clean interface looks attractive. I have a decent size monitor too for real-estate on that. 

Fair enough.  I probably felt the same at first but once I got used to it I could never go back to the old right click-insert method. My EQ one is insanely long !

image.thumb.png.e7edde36b5952dc341c62fab67317226.png

Have you ever tried Reaper...I have it as a 2nd DAW just in case and I hate the way it lays out my plugins

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw

11 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

My EQ one is insanely long !

image.thumb.png.e7edde36b5952dc341c62fab67317226.png

This is where a flatbed is ideal. 

Yes, I have tried Reaper before and quite like it. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

4 minutes ago, murat k. said:

We need this kind of feature in Drum Maps too.

No argument about better menus but do you have that many drum maps?

CbB includes quite a few but. at least in my case, I can't use most of them.

Instead of clearing out the default drum map folder though, I use a custom location, copying the few needed from the default location and adding several custom ones.

Doing this significantly reduced the display and because they are in a custom location there is no chance of getting overwritten with a CbB updated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

8 minutes ago, murat k. said:

We can call it maybe multiple columns in the right click context menu. We need this kind of feature in Drum Maps too. Rematrix Solo has this kind of feature. Navigating between files is easy.

image.png

Exactly.

Locating a specific file will be a breeze. 

12 minutes ago, scook said:

No argument about better menus

It will be greatly appreciated if cakewalk adds this. Obviously with the means to choose this view option. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

Flatbed is ideal. What about those that dont have bigger monitors? We need to cater for them too and a flatbed effects list is ideal for that, but in general cakewalk needs it. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

On 3/20/2021 at 5:20 AM, Will_Kaydo said:

Flatbed is ideal. What about those that dont have bigger monitors? We need to cater for them too and a flatbed effects list is ideal for that, but in general cakewalk needs it. 

I like the browser and docking options. A sprawling list option is ok as an option. 

Maybe its just me, but I find looking for something specific in a box with 400 - 800 (or more) items arranged in multiple columns is not nearly as efficient as the current single column, searchable, hierarchically organized Browser.  For the benefit of those that prefer a flatbox box / sprawling list I can see having an optional button that would expand the Browser into a huge box that can easily open and close--so it doesn't block everything else.

• Great Idea 1

On 3/20/2021 at 9:20 AM, Will_Kaydo said:

Completely the reverse: for all its faults, a scrolling (or dropdown) list is the most space efficient.

• John locked this topic