Can't hear MIDI tracks

Joshua545

Hello,

I'm quite new to Cakewalk and I'm having some issues. I have a project with 32 midi tracks and I am using EastWest's PLAY VST3 for audio. I created 32 more instrument tracks (32 instances of PLAY) and assigned each midi track to each corresponding instrument track. However, when I play the project back, I can only hear the Flute, which is the first midi track. All other tracks are silent, which makes for a rather boring piece.

I can assign the Flute track to any other instrument track and get sound, but I cannot assign a different track (like Bassoon, for example) to the Flute instrument and get sound.

I hope this is concise enough, and I'm grateful for any help I can get! Also, I apologize if this isn't a great place to post this, but I didn't really know where else to ask.

Thanks,
Joshua

Have you assigned different midi channels to each instrument? I’m not familiar with east west but is it able to have multi channel playback? If so this is how you get each instrument to play. I think most of your answers are in the instructions for the player not cakewalk. VST instruments work the same in all DAW’s