Weird timing issue

Andrew Thomas

Question

I’ve come back to a track that I recorded years ago on Sonar Producer edition. It’s all audio. The drum track was done in fruity loops and saved as an audio file then the rest of the instruments and vocals added.  All was fine on Sonar but when I opened it in Bandlab Cakewalk the drum track is completely out of time with everything else.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The  only thing I did that was out of the ordinary was that I had to locate the .wav files in the old wave data folder but I’ve done that for other songs and it was all fine.

cheers

Tom

2 answers to this question

Hi I just posted the same or similar issue. When I export an audio file starting at the very beginning of the timeline, the export seems to add micro seconds causing the audio to be out of sync with the project when importing. I find that when I start the audio export at any other point on the timeline and then import it at that same point, everything is in sync....WTF?

10 hours ago, Andrew Thomas said:

I’ve come back to a track that I recorded years ago on Sonar Producer edition. It’s all audio. The drum track was done in fruity loops and saved as an audio file then the rest of the instruments and vocals added.  All was fine on Sonar but when I opened it in Bandlab Cakewalk the drum track is completely out of time with everything else.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The  only thing I did that was out of the ordinary was that I had to locate the .wav files in the old wave data folder but I’ve done that for other songs and it was all fine.

cheers

Tom

Yeah, something did change. Back in Sonar the default BPM was 100 in Cakewalk by Bandlab it's at 120. 

Raise or lower the BPM until your drum sample sync'd up with the tempo. 

Years ago, I was taught an old habbit and one important one. When ever you save a project, always include the BPM and Key in it's title too. 

Hope this helped you.