Saving Meter Settings

Jeremy Murray-Wakefield

Question

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Jeremy Murray-Wakefield said:

What an odd thing to say.

What meter settings are you referring to?
I think if you set up a project or track template with your preferred settings, they will be saved for the next time you open that template.
Maybe a more clear explanation of what you want will help us help you.

Apologies, I didn't intend to come across so confrontational - it's just that OF COURSE if you set up a project file - in any software application - in a certain way, you can re-use it in future. That's like a Word user saying "I've set all my fonts to a particular style - how can I apply them to other documents?" and someone saying "Well, just base future documents off that one". 

As stated, the question is how would I load a bunch of meter settings into another project? - that's the nested right-click menu items for Peak Hold / Db range / Peak vs. RMS etc.?

- These settings don't appear to be stored as part of the workspace (which surprised me), and they don't seem to be stored in screensets either.

Each time I revisit another existing project, I don't want to have to go through what must have been around 30 mouse clicks to set up the meters how I like. It's not a major gripe, I just wondered if it's possible.

Edited by Jeremy Murray-Wakefield

3 hours ago, Jeremy Murray-Wakefield said:

- These settings don't appear to be stored as part of the workspace (which surprised me) . . . .

Its been a while since I tested storing meter preferences in Workspaces.  I do remember a discussion about it that I participated in.  I do recall that preferred meter scales are saved somewhere.  I will see if I can try to find that thread.

ADDENDUM:  Still looking here and here. Not sure if either of these threads address your specific issue.  Maybe I am misremembering about meter preferences being saved in Workspaces.  I will try to find my tests.

Edited by User 905133
to add an addendum

I'm not aware of a way to "load" meter range changes into an existing project.

But for future projects, just create a new project, set all the meters and save it as a template (.cwt).

You have to set each View's meters thru their Menus: Track View, Console View, & Inspector. Very tedious.

Right-clicking and changing won't retain upon saving.

I once Feature Requested having all the meter settings in one place with a Set As Default button in Preferences so you could 'set it and forget it.'

Edited by sjoens