Jump to content
Craig Reeves

Feature Request: MIDI Legato button

Recommended Posts

Basically, a process that achieves the same functionality as the Legato.cal script, but actually works on a consistent basis. Pretty common in other DAWs and I don't believe would be a difficult feature to add. I use Legato all the time and I'm sure others do as well. Hell, we have Retrograde, I think we can include Legato, lol.

Edited by Craig Reeves
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Craig Reeves said:

Basically, a process that achieves the same functionality as the Legato.cal script, but actually works on a consistent basis. Pretty common in other DAWs and I don't believe would be a difficult feature to add. I use Legato all the time and I'm sure others do as well. Hell, we have Retrograde, I think we can include Legato, lol.

You can assign a CAL script to a keybinding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CAL scripts are obsolete and need some new alternatives : ) I agree about midi manipulation operations. All these little manipulation things can give very big value.

Edited by solarlux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, solarlux said:

CAL scripts are obsolete and need some new alternatives : ) I agree about midi manipulation operations. All these little manipulation things can give very big value.

They might be obsolete, but they are still supported (to open).  While we wait for “some new alternatives”, I will continue to write and use them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Promidi said:

They might be obsolete, but they are still supported (to open).  While we wait for “some new alternatives”, I will continue to write and use them.

Yes but in future something like this can give big value. Many tools easy accesable for midi editing in menu like here in FL studio. This functionality that list in piano roll accessable menu would be huge value

flstudio.thumb.jpg.57d81e4b19754e453ce0823348bc00b0.jpg

legato, strum, chop.flip and some more : )

Edited by solarlux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would be much better than using CAL - there are quite a lot of useful functions missing that are only available as CAL that would would expect to be built into the core midi editing functions.

Legato - Humanize  - Randomize  etc.  Personally I have some of them as hotkeys on my Streamdeck 

 image.png.2b0d8e60aa83ca794cd410e1de977448.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Promidi said:

You can assign a CAL script to a keybinding.

I'm aware. But Legato.cal doesn't work very well and very often fails to do what it is supposed to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Future complaint:

Why is everything hard-coded in Cakewalk?   We have no flexibility and control. 

A scripting language would be great so we could customize and share the scripts to our hearts content!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scook said:

I have not looked at it but a user posted a revised legato CAL on the old forum.

The file is still available.

Bakers need replace bugged CAL with This version : ) It would be nice if this version is fixed. Happy news now is original Legato Cal scipt uis bugged but here is what works. Nice we can use CAL scripts.

CAL-master.zip

Edited by solarlux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RobertWS said:

Future complaint:

Why is everything hard-coded in Cakewalk?   We have no flexibility and control. 

A scripting language would be great so we could customize and share the scripts to our hearts content!

Agree about flexibility and in future some easier to code scripting language like a Javascript or Python would be cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2021 at 11:43 AM, Craig Reeves said:

Basically, a process that achieves the same functionality as the Legato.cal script, but actually works on a consistent basis. Pretty common in other DAWs and I don't believe would be a difficult feature to add. I use Legato all the time and I'm sure others do as well. Hell, we have Retrograde, I think we can include Legato, lol.

Try LEGATO2 Script it works without bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...