This is going downhill

carl

51 minutes ago, petemus said:

Would it be a good idea to include an easy crash dump submit feature in CbB, at least for dumps that are on disk already?

You could select a dump to submit from a (hopefully short!) list of dumps sorted by descending timestamp, type in a short description of what was going on at the time. The feature would then zip the dump and toss it over to a predefined location in the cloud where the Bakers could access them. Authentication would connect the dump directly to the originator.

Yes we plan on doing it when we have time. The thing is we don’t want people uploading thousands of duplicate dumps and we’d need to pay for server space to store them or infrastructure to dedupe. We had something like that at Cakewalk in the past and it was quite tedious to manage.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:
17 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I still use Dim Pro and Rapture and both stopped working outside of CbB and Rapture won't work in CbB anymore either on my system. X2 won't even open now so I just assumed it was some sort of conflict with CbB.

If I'm not mistaken, you have to run CbB as admin for some of these older plugins.

After registration both of these plug-ins run without elevated privileges.

The only other 64bit Cakewalk plug-in that needed admin access was Pentagon I and the registry mod to eliminate this requirement has been published several times.

16 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Yes we plan on doing it when we have time. The thing is we don’t want people uploading thousands of duplicate dumps and we’d need to pay for server space to store them or infrastructure to dedupe. We had something like that at Cakewalk in the past and it was quite tedious to manage.

Nice to hear. I think the .dmp files compress quite nicely, but they don't shrink to nothing, however. It's not a big deal for a sw dev like me to just locate, zip and send the dump, but for those not so pc-savvy it would be nice.

• Thanks 1