Philip G Hunt

Keep a Little Light on

It's a nice mellow groove. I think a melody on top of the groove would sound good.

I like this but I do think on my set up the drum/cajon type sound seems to prominent - personally i would like to hear more of the very nice guitars!!

Cool

Nigel

• Like 1

@53mph This has  a nice groove, the mix is a little of a boom to it, perhaps some surgical EQ on the Cajon to let the bottom end of the Guitar breath and on the guitars to let the Cajon speak.  I did enjoy the tune.

• Like 1

nice recording job.acoustic guitars cajon needs some bottom removed.high pass filter will help.try developing some different stuff within song.chord changes, soft spots louder spots.maybe a spot with a piano playing with a wind sound.jack c.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

drum/cajon type sound seems to prominent

or does the guitar just lack some "presence"?
Is it just me or do the "snaps" just not seem in the same space? (having some "issues' with my tinnitus, I must admit)

Love the tune btw.

t

I am hearing the squeaks just fine (despite the "ringing" in my ears).
I've become a big fan of the D'Addario  "Flat Tops" for acoustic and "Half Rounds" on my electrics.
They do have a sort of "played in" tone, if you prefer that "just changed" brightness, you lose a little of that...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

I've become a big fan of the D'Addario  "Flat Tops" for acoustic and "Half Rounds" on my electrics.
They do have a sort of "played in" tone, if you prefer that "just changed" brightness, you lose a little of that...

I just started using D'addario strings. Swapped from my previous go to strings because I found them too bright. I totally agree with you there. I prefer a played in feel. ;)

• Like 1

With all its boomyness its got its own character  I imagine it as  a backing  track for a countryside scene or maybe a a boat sailing down a river at sunset ....  cheers 

• Like 1

Very nice and smooth. I actually liked the sound of the subdued drums. If I were mixing this , I would move the change coming in around 1:38 back instead of repeating the phrase before it. Loved the acoustic tone. Terrific playing ..  mark

• Like 1

I thought this was very nice.
I liked the drums as is.

Nice guitar playing too.
I could listen to music like this over and over.
Well done.

Amazing how we all paint different pictures and hear very differently too.

• Thanks 1