problem with file names duplication

Bob Ferguson

Question

Hi Folks, first time on here. I have had a problem for some time now when I save the recording in cakewalk I am working on. When I come back next time to open the song. I get a cakewalk message saying -file name already exists choose another. This is for many songs that I am working on and happens right after first save of a first time recording. So its not me saving a file with a name that already exists. I have to keep adding b then c the d to end of file to keep openiong and when I come back to a song I have left alone for a while., trying to remember which is which in the files is driving me nuts. Anyone know how to fix this problem. is it to do with auto-save by any chance? cheers Fergie

6 answers to this question

So you create a project. You call it Bob's Song. You save it. In a folder called Bob's Song. You shut down the PC.

Tomorrow morning to try to open Bob's Song and Cakewalk tells you the name already exists. Or is that a typo and you mean you work a bit on it and then save?

Are you maybe using Save As..?

If you are working on Bob's Song, autosave saves it as Auto-save Copy of Bob's Song.

• Like 1