Cakewalk Crashes due to Ozone 8 EQ plugins?

Chevy

Question

Bummed out here, spent a lot of time working on a project without incident, but got occasional crashes due to invoking an Ozone 8 EQ plugin.  At one point, Cakewalk would no longer open the project, but just crash right off the bat, with the message   "fatal error has occurred"    "crash dump file created..."

I'm assuming incompatibility with the plugins.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

I know there's a few people here on the forum who use Ozone 8 without any issues, so I'd suggest it's something local to your system or the project has somehow gotten a little tangled. 

But with that said, something in your project might also be exposing either a bug in CbB or some problem in Ozone that the devs would be interested in having a look at. It says it's created a dump file, which is good. You'll be able to send those kind of files to support to diagnose your issue. Have a look here:

In the short term, though, just to get your project to open, hold down SHIFT when you open it next. You'll be presented with a YES/NO dialog to either load or skip the plugins in the project. Say NO to Ozone EQ and you'll be able to get it open and use a different EQ plugin. Obviously not an ideal situation, but it can mean getting on with the job and not losing any work. :)