Cannot edit track name, possible Win10 2004 issue? Solved!

Steve Harder

This wasn't a Cakewalk issue.  This morning I had downloaded Scaler 2.1.1.  It breaks doubleclick functions in Cakewalk.  Reinstalled Scaler 2.1.0 and all is normal.  I was too quick to blame the Win10 2004 update of yesterday.

I am used to editing a track name by selecting the track and double clicking on the track name and seeing it change to white background with smaller blue text.

I updated to Win10 2004 yesterday.  

This morning in Cakewalk I cannot edit a track name in the track view by selecting and double clicking it.  There is a slight blink but no change to white background.

This happens in all my previous projects.

If I create a new project then editing track name works as normal.

I've tried saving-as previous projects but problem persists.

Googled but couldn't hit on answer.

Weird ...

I have restarted PC, etc.  I haven't noticed any other problems with other software or within Cakewalk.

Adding some details ...

Open newly created project where track name editing is ok.

Open previous project where track name editing fails.

Use Window to switch between the two.

Use Window to switch to new project.  Double click and edit track name. OK

Use Window to switch to previous project.  Double click track name and editing is OK.  Press return and attempt double click to edit but doesn't work on the 2nd attempt.

Now use Window to open the new project.  Double click track name to edit, it fails.  Then double click track name to edit and it works.

Weirder ...

And more symptoms.

I did try several different mice, all act the same.

This is an issue with handling double-clicks.

Same scenario as above.

Use window to switch to new project where track edit works OK.  Select File Open and then double click on file name in directory.  File opens.

Use window to switch to previous project where track edit fails.  Select File Open and then double click on file name in directory.  File is selected but you have to then click on Open box.  So doubleclick was ignored.

I have visited Mouse Properties and tried different Double Click speeds.  They act correctly in Mouse Properties and in other softwares.

Edited by Steve Harder
additional info solved!