Free update to Komplete 13 if you register a (BOXED?) Komplete 12 during September

Tomgu

17 minutes ago, ZincT said:

@aidan o driscoll That's great, you had less time to wait than I did! Let the partying commence 🥳 .. or at least the downloading 😆

You don't need to uninstall anything, it will just add a series of products in NA that can be installed.

I tend to keep old things like GR5 and Kontakt 5 as some old projects still use them. 

In box came a USB HD with 12 .. so I suppose one could scrub that and use it to store 13 or at least samples and all that?

BTW via GEAR4MUSIC one of my best deals I must confess .. Just went from K11 to K13 for €100 inc delivery and a USB Drive into the bargain :d

Edited by aidan o driscoll

2 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

In box came a USB HD with 12 .. so I suppose one could scrub that and use it to store 13 or at least samples and all that?

I thought the same when I got the K12 boxed update last year but the hard drive was quite small.

Even the K12U boxed hard drive was only 500Gb or so. I just decided to leave them in their boxes for later resale.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 2:02 PM, aidan o driscoll said:

BTW via GEAR4MUSIC one of my best deals I must confess .. Just went from K11 to K13 for €100 inc delivery and a USB Drive into the bargain :d

I only went for the K13U upgrade from K12 because of the insane price at Scan/G4M and I realised that I could resell one of the Komplete updates plus all of the guitar libraries that I had purchased separately which now come with K13U and almost recoup the cost of the upgrade.

I only have Electric Sunburst left to sell (now sold)  so this has got to be one of the best ever deals for me for the amount of extra content vs the cost. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, simon said:

I'm interested in this...GR5 was looking a bit long in the tooth.  And I've lots of better amp sims now.

Lots of the amps are the same IIRC so I wonder if they've gone back and remodelled them ?  I'm cynical enough to think that it's mainly a new skin.  They are using the "machine learning" buzzword so that makes me suspicous :)

The old amp sims are the same, but the  new matched cabinets are impulse based and sound much more present than the old ones.  

14 minutes ago, ZincT said:

I though the same when I got the K12 boxed update last year but the hard drive was quite small.

Even the K12U boxed hard drive was only 500Gb or so. I just decided to leave them in their boxes for later resale.

Can you actually sell your K12 legit? Is there a process via NI for that i wonder .. to transfer license?

AND this I assume would not mess with your newer upgrade?

41 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Can you actually sell your K12 legit? Is there a process via NI for that i wonder .. to transfer license?

AND this I assume would not mess with your newer upgrade?

It depends on your upgrade path Aidan.  NI make a very clear distinction between Updates and Upgrades. You can check which products you have that are eligible for transfer in your account (License Transfer tab), but be careful!

My upgrade path was from Kontakt to Komplete 11 Upgrade, then I did a K12 Update (to get to v12) and now I have finally done a K12U Upgrade (which got upgraded to K13U).

Updates take you to a new version number but at the same tier (e.g. K11 to K12) whereas Upgrades take you from one tier to another (e.g. K12 to K12U). It's also worth reading carefully the product description of what you buy e.g. my K12U box says "Komplete 12 Ultimate UPG K8-12" so the Upgrade works on Komplete versions 8 to 12 which means that it also Upgrades my Komplete 11 Upgrade. That means that the K12 Update is now superfluous and can be transferred as there is still a valid Upgrade path from Kontakt through to Komplete 13 Ultimate. YMMV as it depends on what you may have bought along the way and your upgrade path.

The K12 Update is still of use and therefore sellable to anyone who own K2 to K11 as it will bring their version up to what was included in V12.

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 2

I finally got my email this morning informing me that I qualified for the update from KOMPLETE 12 to 13. Great news. I really am excited about the Noir piano library and getting it free is pretty sweet. So, anyone else who's still waiting, hopefully you'll see your update very soon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@ZincT  There is a bit of searching around for some of the things that come with K13.

I cannot find MYSTERIA and PHARLIGHT and MALLET FLUX .. or are these only with K13U?

Only K13U I think Aidan. 

There's a page on NI website which compares versions. I will post it later when I am back home (typing this on my phone). 

Edited by ZincT

22 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Thanks @ZincT .. found that page, thought as much

OK glad you found it. I have been making room on my system for all the new stuff!

Pharlight, Straylight, Cloud Supply, lofi glow and other Play series are all excellent and not that big, but Mysteria and Thrill are getting on for 30Gb each. Then there's Noire (15Gb but amazing), Stradivari violin (over 20Gb). Then again I really did the upgrade to get specific things for not a lot of money and don't expect to install everything. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@ZincT

One annoying thing I am finding is KOMPLETE KONTROL scans vsts everytime you open it regardless of new vsts added or not. Takes about 4 mins to open

Don't have it installed yet on the new system but on the old one it only did the big scan on first opening. I will give it a go on the new system and see what happens. TBH I couldn't really see the point of it until another forum member here showed me some of the benefits when using it with Kontakt. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Don't have it installed yet on the new system but on the old one it only did the big scan on first opening. I will give it a go on the new system and see what happens. TBH I couldn't really see the point of it until another forum member here showed me some of the benefits when using it with Kontakt. 

And those benefits are??

21 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

And those benefits are??

I thought you might ask that! From my recollection there were library specific panels that you could access to control various aspects of the plugin that were not as easily accessible from the standard Kontakt interface. He showed this to me on a Zoom meeting and it's on my to-do list to investigate further ;) 

KK is just doing it's first scan ... I'll come back and re-open it when it's finished.

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

Just re-opened KK and it looked like it was doing a full scan again ... but finished in about 10 seconds so it wasn't.

Yes just tried again and it's around 10 seconds for the normal start-up and most of that seems to be spent on Roland plugins. Don't know what it is about them but all of my DAWs do a lengthy pause when they try to scan the Roland plugins. It seems to be scanning those every time which suggests there's something about them that it doesn't like.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

I'm a little disappointed that Butch Vig Drums isn't GM friendly.  Also, with most other NI drum things, you can copy their MIDI files to your own directory to use with other programs.  These MIDI files not only are not GM compatible, but each clip is its own track in a standard midi file.

I guess this gives me an opportunity to brush up on how to use drum maps.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 2:57 PM, ZincT said:

@aidan o driscoll here's an example of the view of Noire within Komplete Kontrol.

Notice all of the tabbed controls along the top and easier to access than in Kontakt.

Thansk @ZincT  ... Im still having it scanning all the vsts each time its loaded. I see via google search others have same issue. No big deal anyway, was only checking it out. Probably wont use much. 

Have not installed NOIRE yet, getting to it

• Like 1

Just now, aidan o driscoll said:

Thansk @ZincT  ... Im still having it scanning all the vsts each time its loaded. I see via google search others have same issue. No big deal anyway, was only checking it out. Probably wont use much. 

Have not installed NOIRE yet, getting to it

I'm not totally konvinced yet either Aidan. Maybe it's more for people with the S series NI keyboards.  

I only just got Alicia's Keys (with the K12U upgrade) which became my favourite piano but Noire has now superseded it. I really like where NI seem to be taking things lately. 

• Like 1