Bandlab App directly in Cakewalk?

pavmusic

Just wondering if there is anyway to have the bandlab app directly  in Cakewalk - so can use the looper etc directly on tracks or dragging lines across rather than exporting as waves and then inserting etc
Thanks if any help  - -maybe a development thought for the future if not

Once you have a track done in Bandlab mix editor online and its saved it should appear as a project in your Bandlab Assistant app. Open this and in the library tab you should see your project. On right of project name once you mouse over it is 3 dots, click these and then Download stems. It then creates a folder under your Documents\BandLab\Downloads\ .. inside the project folder is a .blx file. Open cakewalk and then IMPORT and BANDLAB PROJECT .. then choose this .BLX File. It now opens inside CW.

A bit flakey though. Some of the imported wavs in the audio folder of that BLX project wont open in CW. In my case one of the wavs would not open, I looked in the project folder and saw that the file was around 300KB in size only .. so something to do with the way Bandlab Assistant downloads the .BLX stem file. I also tried the download mix opetion, its opens your page on Bandlab in your browser and chucks up an error.

So it looks like WAVS exported at the moment track per track until the mess above is sorted

Edited by aidan o driscoll