Question

Posted (edited)

One of my Cakewalk projects won't load. Almost every other project I have will open though, so it seems like there is a problem within this specific project. Whenever I click to open the project, it says on the blue banner in the bottom right corner "loading (insert plugin here)" and then it just closes after loading a few plug ins. I've tried to open the project in safe mode and it only opens when I choose not to load up two synths/can't load everything. Help? 

Edited by Stephen Latham

4 answers to this question

@Stephen LathamWhich synths are you loading in the project? Does the application crash or does it appear to hang?
Also what sample rate did you create that project at - is it different from the default sample rate for new projects that you have set in preferences | Audio?

Maybe try safe-mode and see if the crash is plug-in related.

To open in safe mode, hold the SHIFT key while opening the project.

This will allow adding plug-ins one at a time.

I didn't realize you posted a video. The app is closing when trying to load TyrellN6 so try skipping that synth in safe mode and see if it loads. Also check if the default sample rate matches the project sample rate as suggested earlier.

For whatever the worth, I have the TyrellN6 soft synth, and it loads up fine. so perhaps something wrong with something local to your computer - perhaps you have some Windows maintenance that is not installed?  (Some Windows maintenance requires explicitly clicking on the Download and Install link in Windows Update).

image.thumb.png.8dcec6eac9d36156b2882525305d821f.png