noob question: Step Sequencer

Charles Carrol

Question

Hi,

I have been practicing with the step sequencer and have been making some beats with it.

However, I am using ADSR Sample manager and can only use different sounds within the step sequencer if I make a separate track. 

I have 3 tracks. Trac 1 is a kick, trac 2 is a clap and track 3 is a blank midi track

I want to be able to use a step sequencer to put in the sounds in each row  instead of going back and forth between the tracks to make adjustments in the beat . Is there an easier way to do this? Is there some sort of drum pad vst I can download to put the sounds from the sampler in? 

Sorry I am just super new to all of this and have been reading the guides and teaching myself.

cakewalknoob1.PNG

cakewalknoob 2.PNG

1 answer to this question

Have a look at Sitala and TX16wx

Sitala is designed for drums.

If you wish to see drum names in the sequencer instead of notes, I have written a drum map for the default Sitala kit. It is available in the preset section at the top of my Google page.

Copy the drum map into the drum map preset folder. The default location is %appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\Drum Maps

After adding Sitala as an instrument track, change the MIDI output (below I in the image below) in the Inspector to the drum map and the drum names will appear in the step sequencer.

Inspectors.3.4.png

• Thanks 2