Jump to content
Dave Oliffe

Scaler / Scaler 2 Issues

Recommended Posts

Hi folks, Anyone using Scaler or Scaler 2?

I'm having serious difficulty in getting it to play nice with Cakewalk. I've tried the Scaler forums, but they insist it's a Cakewalk thing.

Rather than post my issue - could you just let me know if you use Scaler at all? If you are, and it works for you, then I'm sure you can help me out.

 

Thanks,

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2020 at 4:45 PM, Dave Oliffe said:

Hi folks, Anyone using Scaler or Scaler 2?

I'm having serious difficulty in getting it to play nice with Cakewalk. I've tried the Scaler forums, but they insist it's a Cakewalk thing.

Rather than post my issue - could you just let me know if you use Scaler at all? If you are, and it works for you, then I'm sure you can help me out.

 

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave

I haven't had any issues with scaler. Scaler 2 how ever has two issues. One is that dragging midi into cakewalk creates two identical midi clips. Second is that projects that uses scaler 2 won't open. Do you have same issues or do you have different issues?

Update: Seems like loading issue is only with VST3 version of scaler2.

Edited by 0wly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discussion in Deals here

32 minutes ago, 0wly said:

Update: Seems like loading issue is only with VST3 version of scaler2

Not the only vst3 with "issues" in CbB. Generally not CbB that's at issue!
Personally, I generally grab the vst2 of most everything first.
Just because its new doesn't mean its better...

tom

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

Not the only vst3 with "issues" in CbB.

Not that i said that's the case.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 0wly said:

Good to know. Thanks.

That's not to say that it can't or won't be improved upon in the future, of course. And "inferiority" might have been too strong a word for a nuanced discussion, but it's clearly not "simply better". :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

That's not to say that it can't or won't be improved upon in the future, of course. And "inferiority" might have been too strong a word for a nuanced discussion, but it's clearly not "simply better". :)

Ofc. To be honest, i didn't even pay attention which version i was using until i started having issues. :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dave Oliffe said:

Hi guys, forgive me but how do I go about using the VST2 version of Scaler2 instead of VST3?

Open VST2 plug-ins folder in browser and drag it to track view from there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dave Oliffe said:

Hi guys, forgive me but how do I go about using the VST2 version of Scaler2 instead of VST3?

If you want it to be visible in instrument list, you can right click a plugin in browser and assign categories to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an option in the Preferences to Hide Related VST2 plugins, if you want to see both the VST2 and VST3 versions, make sure that's unchecked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

There's an option in the Preferences to Hide Related VST2 plugins, if you want to see both the VST2 and VST3 versions, make sure that's unchecked. 

Or move the VST3 plug-in out of the scan path if you still want to hide other VST2 plug-ins that have working VST3 versions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...