No MIDI notes received by Cakewalk

Marc Perron

Question

I would like to use my Roland FA 08 keyboard as an external MIDI device with Cakewalk. I properly configured inputs / outputs and surface control. When I add an audio track, I can see the notes played on vuemeters and hear the sound. This happens when the local switch is on and when echo is activated. However, when I add a MIDI track, nothing happens. Local swithc on or off, no difference. Cakewalk apparently does not receive MIDI messages from the FA 08. I know that the configuration is OK because Cakewalk receive MIDI messages when I use it with another device (GR-55 guitar synth). I did somthing wrong but I dont know what. It was working before. Thanks for advices.

image.png.060e4bf2c071e5ed6cc0f5fd69786901.png

Marc

image.png

1 answer to this question

15 hours ago, Marc Perron said:

I properly configured inputs / outputs and surface control.

It's been a long time since I messed with ACT, but if you're using a single MIDI port for both Control Surface and keyboard controller functions, I think you need to distinguish which channels are intercepted by ACT, and which are available for musical/performance data input to tracks.  As it stands, it sounds like ACT is intercepting all channels.