How to use Workspaces to work faster

Ewoof

Made a new video.  To help my channel reach more people who want to use Cakewalk on YouTube please support my channel by liking the video and subscribing to the channel.

Edited by Einstein Essibu
  • Like 4

Einstein,

Thanks for the video.  Your workspace makes a lot of sense for what you do, make beats.

I sure do hope that someone comes along and gives the name of the space you forgot the name to at around 6:10 (see screen shot below)

Also, you said you've been using Cakewalk by Bandlab for about 2 years.  I must admit I'm still learning the program and find the Help module ... well, very helpful.

For people like me that are interested in using the program to learn about beat creation it would be very helpful to place some of your main thoughts into a pdf file and making the pdf file available in the description section below the video.

Clipboard39

Edited by Jim Fogle

On 5/3/2020 at 7:27 PM, Jim Fogle said:

I sure do hope that someone comes along and gives the name of the space you forgot the name to at around 6:10 (see screen shot . . . )

Update [2020-05-05]: The short answer: "Track Pane."

image.png.7327f965700ffc990f3e17ef88d0ca78.png

@Jim FogleI stumbled onto that mini track header pane a few months ago and have found it handy to have in some UI configurations. I just thought of it as a mini track header pane but maybe someone knows the official name.  I seem to recall I found it in the multi dock; not 100% sure. 

EDIT: Evidently I found it useful (among other places) in some of my staff entry workspaces so I didn't need a large track pane.

image.png.928ce102666995cc5f59c5e9b30dfb16.png

ADDENDUM: When my main view is in full screen and the multidock is undocked also as a full screen, "D" is a quick toggle between the two. I think the following shows why I started calling it a mini track header pane.  Maybe @Colin Nicholls has the official name in his theme guide?  FOUND IT: In the current theme guide, its in Section 5.1 "Track View | Track Pane."  Looks like it could be called a "mini track strip." 

image.thumb.png.5d3180e9cfe7deacae2671b953debdd6.png  image.png

Edited by User 905133
(3) to post an image with the answer and to strike out the previous answer(2) to identify where the mini track pane is in Colin's theme guide (1) to add examples of the mini track header pane
  • Thanks 1