How to set loop points

Rick Derer

Question

7 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, Rick Derer said:

I understand you use shift-L but I suspect my cursor is not in the right place because nothing gets set when I use shift-L.

Would appreciate any guidance on this.

I do not use shift-L to set loop points, so I looked up the key assignment in preferences.  I found this, which seems to imply you need to have your selection points (From, Thru) set first.  Just a guess.  I use the Loop Module in the Control Bar and/or drag the loop start/loop end markers.

image.png.9f649be91e6ff35f013b1a4b001d5e8e.png

Edited by User 905133
to add a relevant link (Loop Module)

On 3/20/2020 at 5:15 PM, winkpain said:

Yes. Make selection first - click and drag in track or on timeline, select a clip to have its time selected, or any other time selection method, and  then do a Shift-L. The selected time will be looped.

My selection always returns to the beginning of the track. If I try moving it all it does is expand the loop for the whole song. I can't seem to get the loop to start where I want it to.

15 hours ago, winkpain said:

Strange, @Rick Derer

What about if you type in the start and finish in the Selection module in the control bar (you might have to display it by right-clicking in an empty area in the Control bar and choosing Modules>Select)  ?

Capture.thumb.JPG.039e519b39753d25c8ddbfa9a7ec3ee7.JPG

That worked. Thanks. Now how do I delete loop markers(not just turn off)?