Assigning VST parameters to knobs on midi controller

Hi, I know this is a very simple question  but how would I assign parameters on a VST such as NI  Battery 4  to knobs on midi controller? I have tried clicking  the Learn option of any given parameter of Battery 4 and then turning a knob that I want to control it and it just does not respond.  I have tested other VSTs and the simple " learn and turn" method works totally fine.  Does Cakewalk only accept certain VSTs  to assign parameters to control with  midi controllers or am I just missing something.I hope the latter..  Any help would be greatly appreciated  Thanks!

Edited by chargerboy

Hi, I know this is a very simple question  but how would I assign parameters on a VST such as Sugar bytes Effectrix  to knobs on midi controller? I have tried clicking  the Learn option of any given parameter of Effectrix and then turning a knob that I want to control it and it just does not respond.  I have tested other VSTs and the simple " learn and turn" method works totally fine.  Does the fact that I use Effectrix as an Insert Audio FX make a difference in not being able to get the parameters to respond to the knobs of my midi controller? Does Cakewalk only accept certain VSTs  to assign parameters to control with  midi controllers or am I just missing something.I hope the latter..  Any help would be greatly appreciated  Thanks!

1 hour ago, chargerboy said:

Hi, I know this is a very simple question  but how would I assign parameters on a VST such as NI  Battery 4  to knobs on midi controller? I have tried clicking  the Learn option of any given parameter of Battery 4 and then turning a knob that I want to control it and it just does not respond.  I have tested other VSTs and the simple " learn and turn" method works totally fine.  Does Cakewalk only accept certain VSTs  to assign parameters to control with  midi controllers or am I just missing something.I hope the latter..  Any help would be greatly appreciated  Thanks!

1 hour ago, chargerboy said:

Hi, I know this is a very simple question  but how would I assign parameters on a VST such as Sugar bytes Effectrix  to knobs on midi controller? I have tried clicking  the Learn option of any given parameter of Effectrix and then turning a knob that I want to control it and it just does not respond.  I have tested other VSTs and the simple " learn and turn" method works totally fine.  Does the fact that I use Effectrix as an Insert Audio FX make a difference in not being able to get the parameters to respond to the knobs of my midi controller? Does Cakewalk only accept certain VSTs  to assign parameters to control with  midi controllers or am I just missing something.I hope the latter..  Any help would be greatly appreciated  Thanks!

I will let someone else with more expertise about these VSTs answer this question, just wanted to let you know that rather than posting the same question (with variations) for different VSTs, you can edit a previous post (such as to add additional questions, specific VSTs, etc).

In my experience with the several DX and VST instruments I use, the ability to assign midi controllers varies based on what the plug-in manufacturer allows, but I don't have experience with the ones you mention.

Edited by User 905133
(2) to clarify the line about editing posts (1) to add "several . . . I use" in the last line