This is nuts! Zero sales support

Cobus Prinsloo

Question

Hi, I'm interested in buying the updated Z3TA+ 2 vst synth from Cakewalk and wanted to download a trial version. However, this has become an impossible endeavor.

First, I was required to download and install Command Centre.

- I downloaded and installed it, but my Cakewalk account details are not recognized.

- Next thing was to try to create a new account through CC -- but this link takes me to a page saying "New Cakewalk account creation is currently disabled" (!)

- Next, I tried contacting Product Support about this:  I clicked the "E-mail support" button, but this took me to a page saying "Under Construction" (this page has been "under construction" for months!

I don't know what to do anymore. I begin to wonder if Bandlab is serious about selling its products.

CW-1.PNG

CW-2.PNG

CW-3.PNG

CW-4.PNG

9 answers to this question

46 minutes ago, Cobus Prinsloo said:

Hi, I'm interested in buying the updated Z3TA+ 2 vst synth from Cakewalk and wanted to download a trial version.

As far as I know, Z3TA+ 2 hasn’t been available for purchase since 2017. As for Cakewalk Command Center, it's used to download software from the legacy Cakewalk site that was bought before Gibson left the building.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Personally, over the years since Z3ta+ was bundled with SONAR I got more use out of the Z3ta+ 1 series than Z3ta+ 2, mainly because I used the FX version to process and control FX in real time and never bought v. 2 which lacked that ability.  If whoever owns the rights to the software could / would update it and include the ability to process and control audio piped in from other sources, I would love to see if rivals (or possibly exceeds) what I used to do with v. 1.5.

PS: I just successfully tested a basic project that has DimensionPro 1.5 routed through Z3ta+ 1.5's FX. Glad to see the old technology still works for some purposes.**  Thanks.  

Clarification: Not dissing v. 2; my aim is to encourage making the abilities of the older plugins available to more users.

**UPDATE: Not sure how extensively this method can be used: adding Rapture 1.5 to the test project caused a DAW crash.

Edited by User 905133
(2) to add an update; (1) to add a clarification

2 hours ago, Cobus Prinsloo said:

I guess it's time then for Cakewalk to update their web pages 😞

Command Center and old products are still shown on legacy.cakewalk.com, which is where you would have been to see those pages. The current product information is available at www.cakewalk.com. 

Unfortunately Z3TA+2 is not available right now unless you had previously purchased a license in 2017 or earlier. 

• Like 1

"Too much information"??   Many of these pages come up in a Google search and not always clear to the viewer which ones are current or defunct.  Even gaga.cakewalk and taylor.cakewalk pages still come up on occasion adding to the confusion.

The last page shown above stating "We're sorry, this part of our website is currently undergoing maintenance" is misleading and only leads to confusion and frustrated forum posts like this one.

Edited by sjoens

5 hours ago, sjoens said:

The last page shown above stating "We're sorry, this part of our website is currently undergoing maintenance" is misleading and only leads to confusion and frustrated forum posts like this one.

Yes -- exactly my point 😞

11 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I got more use out of the Z3ta+ 1 series than Z3ta+ 2, mainly because I used the FX version to process and control FX in real time and never bought v. 2 which lacked that ability

Thanks for this information -- I would have expected version 2 to include all of the previous one's features.

27 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

the version 2 synth included the FX component. 

Too late for me, but this is good to know for people that have version 2. Maybe I am mis-remembering or maybe it was added later, but I have a memory of either being told or reading that version 2 didn't have the ability to use the FX section to process audio coming from another source. That's why I didn't get it.   Thanks for the correction.