Sluggish GUI and disappearing mouse pointer

I just subscribed today and installed 2024.09. When switching from track view to console view, there is a noticeable lag when Sonar draws the console screen. In addition, If I select multiple faders and slide them up or down, they do not move in a smooth, simultaneous manner (as they typically did in Cakewalk). Also, when selecting a fader, the mouse pointer disappears when moving it which is also odd. I tried turning on and off the DPI and GPU acceleration options but this did not solve the issue. I also installed the most recent Nvidia drivers but no luck.  Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Posted (edited)

I just uninstalled this version, and reinstalled the previous version of Sonar that I demo-ed before purchase, and the issue does not occur , so I believe this is a bug. I then re-installed the current version and the problem came back. Bummer. 

Here is a Youtube link: 

Edited by Archerdrumer

Here are a couple of things to try.

Try disabling C-states and Intel Speedstep (This is done in the PC's BIOS and the method varies between PCs)

Try Start + run > “control powercfg.cpl,,1” (without quotes) and set CPU Min and Max to 100%

In preferences | Audio | Configuration File try adjusting the following:

EnableSetThreadIdealProcessor = False
MixThreadCount = {number of CPU cores minus 1, in your case, that would be 7}

You might like to exit Cakewalk by Bandlab, go to the following folder and make a copy of the AUD.INI file before doing this:

%appdata%\Cakewalk\Sonar

• 2 weeks later...

Archerdrummer, please post the results to solve this issue here if you can.

I'm using CbB instead of the SONAR update because of slow UI redraw issues.

It makes Melodyne particularly difficult to use in SONAR compared to CbB.

ADVthanksANCE

-Jack (re-activating CbB again today in Central Texas)

profwacko -  Will do. I opened a case but have not received any updates for a week. I'm not at liberty to share a link to the audio tracks (per Noels' suggestion), at least not publicly, but I can do so if requested via the Cakewalk ticket. They haven't requested any links or files yet.

I've noticed that things become a little more responsive if I slide the subgroups section over to the left of the screen, although it's still not great.  I also noticed that metering on the individual tracks (such as the CA-2 compressor in the pro channel and the performance indicator at the top) gets sluggish as well.   The issue appears to worsen as I add more tracks and FX to a project. My system has plenty of horsepower so that's not the root cause. The same large projects worked fine in  CbB.