Little Wing (Jimi Hendrix Cover) **Full Band Collaboration (Based on Clapton/Crow Cover Verson)

Ross Smithe

Had a blast collaborating with some cohorts from Bandlab to create this version of the Jimi Hendrix classic Little Wing! This rendition is based on the Eric Clapton/Sheryl Crow live cover version. Off the charts effort by a truly international cast in putting this together: Fabian (Argentina)- Bass; Ross M (Australia)- Guitar; Craig (US)- Drums; Fiz (Italy)- Sax; Tone (Norway)- Female Vocals. I am on Vocals/Organ/Electric Piano/Synth/Mix. For workflow, I recorded all my parts in Calewalk by BandLab, and posted them along with a full scratch track in a project on BandLab. The collaborators then posted their individual parts in the project, either recorded directly on BandLab or in their own DAW and uploaded. I then downloaded their finished parts and brought back into CbB to mix and master.

• Like 1

Sounds quite good here, all the voices have their own space and can be clearly be heard, just one tiny little nit, could do with a little more weight on the kick not quite punching through the mix, I can hear it but it doesn't quite have the presence I would expect. . Unless you were going for a more  retro mix.