FLEXASIO - EXPERIENCE

Milton Sica

31 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Could you explain how the "ROBUST SUPPORT THAT SONAR GIVES TO WASAPI" works?

I believe this would be important to dispel many of the doubts we have about the use of this or that driver.

Thank you!

Wasapi isnt a driver. Its the windows API to access all audio hardware drivers. Its the same API that windows itself uses.
As long as a device exposes wdm drivers they should be available via WASAPI.
WASAPI shared mode in particular goes through the windows audio engine, which is how it is able to handle multiclient use of a single audio devices.
As a result it has a 10 ms latency. WASAPI exclusive doesn't have that limitation.

Its not that WASAPI is perfect, but its the Microsoft recommended API for consumer audio devices. ASIO4All and some other similar products try and duplicate some of that functionality but introduce other problems because they wrap all other audio devices on the system and when Sonar starts up sample rates can get messed up with other devices among other problems.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

search?

I didn't understand the "language expression accent" if you were being ironic, sarcastic or joking.
What I meant is that it would be great if I could have access to this documentation.

15 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

I didn't understand the "language expression accent" if you were being ironic, sarcastic or joking.
What I meant is that it would be great if I could have access to this documentation.

I believe what Glenn meant was, if you search for it on this site you might well end up having access to it. 🙃

1 hour ago, Milton Sica said:

If you can use "Visual Studio Community 2022" and understand C++  you can build WASAPI rendering/capturing engine samples yourself:

https://github.com/microsoft/Windows-classic-samples/tree/main/Samples/Win7Samples/multimedia/audio/RenderSharedEventDriven

https://github.com/microsoft/Windows-classic-samples/tree/main/Samples/Win7Samples/multimedia/audio/CaptureSharedEventDriven

Most of the source code is self-explaining if you are familiar with programming. You can run your own tests to get latency and other data.

Edited by Sunshine Dreaming