Buzzing speakers and headphones.

Gerry 1943

depends. if the buzzing is generally frequency related then it's possible you have too much LF energy and it's causing your speakers or headphone membranes to hit the end of their physical excursion, or there is something damaged. turn down the volume and see if it continues.

Edited by Glenn Stanton

13 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

ground loop hum or cables, i'll bet a shiny euro

This topic was another thread and I had asked if it also existed in with a commercial track imported into Cakewalk, so assume it does (no idea). Connectors are common sources, which can also be cleaned at times by rotating them back and forth in the jack, but a damaged cable from being stepped on or having a chair run over it can cause a similar issue. If the issue is in both speakers and headphones with a commercial track imported into Cakewalk, it could be a ground loop... plugging all devices into the same outlet temporarily and shutting off all other electronics (especially AC systems) would help to troubleshoot. Before jumping into a "mix issue," verify your hardware is online properly with a commercial track (that you know well).

• Like 1

Thank you ALL for your various inputs.

Following Bristol's comments, I discovered that the culprit was the kick drum track.

I was able to resolve the issue by playing around with the volume.

Everything now seems to be functioning fine.

Again, thank you everyone for your inputs. Much appreciated.