Just Ordered Some Acoustic Panels

bitflipper

1 hour ago, Grem said:

@PhonoBrainer Did you use Gorilla Glue for the Velcro stuck to the wall?

Nice studio.

No, just the adhesive backing it comes with. But that won't stick to the foam, so gorilla glue for that.

But for Bit's garage door, I bet you could.

Thanks, it's a mess but it's my mess!

Edited by PhonoBrainer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

@PhonoBrainer Did you use Gorilla Glue for the Velcro stuck to the wall?

Those acoustic tiles have no real weight to them, so industrial attachment might be overkill. Depending on coverage, the edges might need to be beveled on the tiles to allow the door to flex properly at the top curvature when opening.

I saw part of a video once with a guy thin-setting tiles (full size tiles) to a ceiling... I couldn't help but think, "Good grief, that is a disaster in the making..." Time will destroy all things, but gravity will always work... I cannot see dropping 400 pounds of porcelain on your head being to code, but "the stupid shall be punished." At least a foam tile falling on your head isn't going to kill you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mettelus said:

Those acoustic tiles have no real weight to them

That's why I thought of the double sided tape. I will use it to put it in my studio. But I already know I will have to do repair work when/if I have to move them.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2024 at 10:34 AM, Rain said:

I believe that's where I got mine from! I don't have the receipt but according to the Fedex info, they were shipped from Macomb, MI. Not that I would normally remember but I ordered them exactly 10 years ago after I repainted the room and that popped up in my Facebook memories. 

I got a bunch of those square ones that I placed on the side walls, a few of their bass/broadband absorbers, and a large piece (6 x 4 ish) that I placed behind the desk. I had thick black curtains hanging on the front and back walls and every few feet on the side walls, and the floor was carpeted, so the room was not that bright to begin with.  Anyway, I was happy with the result, but I'm no Ethan Winer.

In 2021 a few months before moving out, my ex brought this huge panel that she'd inherited from a customer. She left it behind because she had no room for it in her new home, so I agreed to keep it for her with some of her stuff in the garage. But every time I went downstairs and saw it it felt like such a waste. Seeing that it's unlikely that she'll have room for it any time soon, we agreed that I could use it for as long as I need it, although it technically remains hers. 

292385227_10159205828377582_394860696045439316_n.thumb.jpg.618c24e6fcf940a35a7dcef5bf3bd986.jpg

It weights a ton and it was a pain to carry this thing through tiny corridors and upstairs all by myself and then to install it, in the July heat, but after a couple of hours and a few splinters in my fingers, it was finally in its rightful place, replacing the large bit of acoustic foam. And it does a good job of absorbing frequencies. (You can see a few of those broadband absorbers above it. I couldn't fit them in the corners anymore so I decided to put them wherever - there is no actual reasoning behind their placement).

IMG_12722.thumb.jpg.76ffbe9d4338e70df2e4ce3d4113f14a.jpg

Hey buddy!

Glad to see you’re still around here.

1: Damn that’s a beautiful studio!

2: I really miss my TriggerFinger…

3: How many Mac’s do you need?? 😝