OBX-1
SEM
DMX

FX
Wider from Infected Mushroom
Delay Tape 201 From Arturia
Bus Peak from Arturia

All other FX Stock Cakewalk Pro Channel

My thanks to Tom Oberheim and GForce instruments, for without you Tom and GForce this would not be. 

• Like 4

On 9/8/2024 at 9:15 PM, Terry Carroll said:

I like this a lot. Sounds like it was all done using a computer. Good mix

Cheers,

Terry

Rather unsurprising as I work with a DAW, which kind of restricts the platform to a computer of some description. Apart from the keyboard controller used to produce the MIDI yes it was captured by Sonar on my computer using VST3 synthersizers.

At least you found the mix good, no computers just Adam's monitors. 

On 9/8/2024 at 10:11 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Saw the title, Thought it MUST be about ME! 😜

Much enjoyed Wooks, and a fitting tribute to Mr Oberheim.

👏👍's

t

known by many names, only one is little t

Thank you t you are most kind, the idea of just using Oberheim sources came in one of those odd dreams that invade the proccess of sleep, well I think that is what I am supposed to be doing, not that I feel I have slept at all. As ever your support is appreciated. 

Perhaps one day I may just do one about you, I never really know what's going to appear at the end of the furry paws. 

• Great Idea 1

On 9/9/2024 at 7:22 PM, freddy j said:

I love the sense of urgency in this song.  I also liked the ending fade.  It game me the chance to catch my breath.   Another home run Wookiee!! 

Thank you Freddy, you are most kind. I enjoyed your recent peice too.

On 9/11/2024 at 12:05 AM, bjornpdx said:

Well done and quite mesmerizing too. The main percussion which I think is sort of like a kick drum with a filter sweep treatment sounds pretty cool.
-Bjorn

Thanks for the ears and kind words. The DMX comes with a number of different samples. I think I put this through  Moogerfooger phase pedal just for fun.

On 9/11/2024 at 1:14 PM, Ross Smithe said:

Very well done Wookie, love the sound design! The building  synth textures, along with the pulsing rhythm, makes for a very cool and hypnotic effect. Great tribute to Oberheim!

Thank you, you are most generous.