Best Labor Day Ever

bitflipper

Invited my bandmates and their spouses over. We jammed a bit, smoked some cannabis, jammed some more, ate barbecue with pot brownies for dessert, jammed some more. Yeh, we all have sh*t days, more than we'd like. But you know, at least on some days, life is good.

• Like 9
  • Great Idea 1

15 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

Nerd.

I resemble that remark! 🤓

This is me at a Halloween party right after Revenge of the Nerds had come out in 1984:

Craig-NerdHalloween.jpg

I have no idea who this girl was; I had bunches coming up wanting to have their pictures taken with me though! 😆

Things to note: 

• Band-Aid in the middle thick black glasses (I don't need glasses, even now, so these had just regular glass in them)
  • Slicked back hair
  • White shirt buttoned up all the way but without a tie
  • ID badge on a chain around my neck (yes, the badge even had me pictured as a nerd on it!)
  • Pocket protector with a BUNCH of stuff in it including a calculator and way too many pens!  (Not seen was a slide rule in my back pocket.)
  • Pants pocket inside out
  • Pants too short and pulled up too high
  • A bunch of keys hanging off of belt loop
  • White socks with mismatching colors at their tops
  • Can of Binaca breath spray (my pickup line was to look at a girl, turn and spray some in my mouth, then say "Hi!" real cheesy - DAMN that worked!)

2 hours ago, craigb said:

Can of Binaca breath spray (my pickup line was to look at a girl, turn and spray some in my mouth, then say "Hi!" real cheesy - DAMN that worked!)

I prefer Loyd Christmas' method (Jim Carey) from Dumb & Dumber where he sprays it sideways instead of in his mouth. Then say, "Lovely accent you have. New Jersey?".

Both equally effective in the right setting I'd imagine. Lol.

I used to think it was attractive. But being back in NJ after a 25 year hiatus, it's like nails on a *****ing chalk board to me now.

On 9/3/2024 at 4:25 PM, bitflipper said:

Invited my bandmates and their spouses over. We jammed a bit, smoked some cannabis, jammed some more, ate barbecue with pot brownies for dessert, jammed some more. Yeh, we all have sh*t days, more than we'd like. But you know, at least on some days, life is good.

Wow Dave !

You have got to be  The # 1 Coolest  Mod we got here !!

dude.gif!bong.gifdude.gif

bow.gifbow.gifbow.gifbow.gifbow.gifbow.gifbow.gifbow.gifbow.gifbow.gifbow.gifbow.gifbow.gifbow.gifbow.gifbow.gif

your herbal enhanced  pal

Kenny

rockin.gif

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 1:25 AM, bitflipper said:

I love living in France now, but I really miss the Cali spinach.

We had a Labor Day gig, that got rained out. It was for a regular, commercial client, so we didn't have a deposit or get any compensation at all. They lost money, too.

But it was a great Labor Day anyway. Mrs. Notes and I had a nice home cooked lunch, some wine, rented a movie, played a few games, and had the day and night to ourselves.

Sometimes, that's the best of days.

Notes ♫

• Like 1