Crying - Roy Orbison cover

Busker Pete

The VERY best vocal work on this song  ... One of my absolute favs  ... so many singers loose the feeling of this song .. great post !! ( I think Roy would love this .. KD Lang sang this years ago and I actually cried .. but this ... wow ! )

Great post

Steve ( SRM )

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Supa Reels said:

The VERY best vocal work on this song  ... One of my absolute favs  ... so many singers loose the feeling of this song .. great post !! ( I think Roy would love this .. KD Lang sang this years ago and I actually cried .. but this ... wow ! )

Great post

Steve ( SRM )

Thanks Steve, I knew I couldn't sing this one myself so my friend Rob came over to record it (he trained as an opera singer)!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ross Smithe said:

Really outstanding  work on this! Very expressive vocals,  Enjoyed it!! 

7 hours ago, John Maar said:

I left a comment on YT, but knowing now that Rob trained for opera helps me understand why he was able to retain such good articulation with well-controlled breathing and projection. Just superb!

Thanks Ross and John.  Rob will be very pleased with everyone's comments too!

That was some Fantasic vocal control. Impressive how the vibrato was timed on different phrases. Great job on the instrument tracking as well. There were some spots that I thought the backing could have been brought up a little ..

Enjoyed this Very impressive cover ..    mark

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2024 at 2:50 PM, mark skinner said:

That was some Fantasic vocal control. Impressive how the vibrato was timed on different phrases. Great job on the instrument tracking as well. There were some spots that I thought the backing could have been brought up a little ..

Enjoyed this Very impressive cover ..    mark

Thanks Mark, yes I did wonder if I should have pumped up the finale a bit

Agree with all the comments regarding the vocals, your friend Rob did a wonderful performance.  However, the audio production behind the vocal is pretty good too.  I hope the two of you will pair up to perform some more songs.

• Thanks 1