Soundtoys 5 Academic Bundle $99 at Sweetwater

Solit

Educational Version

After purchase, a Sweetwater Sales Engineer will follow up with you shortly for verification. Once complete, your download will be delivered to you.

Please note: This product is for qualified full-time students enrolled in a university or approved audio production program, or a teacher of an audio production program. Contact your Sweetwater Sales Engineer for information about required qualification documents.

1 hour ago, audioschmaudio said:

Educational Version

Well yeah, did you guys think everyone was gonna just be able to buy an academic version? 😃

Previously lowest price was $199 or even $229 I think. Might even be a pricing error.

9 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

I’m a student at the moment. Just not a music student. Reckon I can wangle it?

Yep, very few developers limiting for just music or audio students.

19 minutes ago, Solit said:

Yep, very few developers limiting for just music or audio students.

Yeah :)  thought this might stand in the way though. 
Please note: This product is for qualified full-time students enrolled in a university or approved audio production program, or a teacher of an audio production program”

I’ve written an email. Will report back. :)

Just got my code from Sweetwater.

This is now live on the Soundtoys site, so not a pricing error. It's also very clearly for all students and not just full time or audio stuff.

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

Just got my code from Sweetwater.

This is now live on the Soundtoys site, so not a pricing error. It's also very clearly for all students and not just full time or audio stuff.

Did you buy it and then somebody contacted you? They asked me to sent in documentation and they’d take a look at it. 

47 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Did you buy it and then somebody contacted you? They asked me to sent in documentation and they’d take a look at it. 

Bought it and immediately sent proof. But he's my "personal sales rep" and I've bought quite a few things so he knows me. Usually you buy and then wait to be contacted, but I guess it can’t hurt to make the first step.

39 minutes ago, jngnz said:

Bought it and immediately sent proof. But he's my "personal sales rep" and I've bought quite a few things so he knows me. Usually you buy and then wait to be contacted, but I guess it can’t hurt to make the first step.

Ok thanks. Yeah it just seemed tO me that it had to be a music education. That’s what it says on their homepage. 
trying to work out if I really need it. Even at that price. I have the complete Eventide and also Arturia FX 4

36 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Ok thanks. Yeah it just seemed tO me that it had to be a music education. That’s what it says on their homepage. 
trying to work out if I really need it. Even at that price. I have the complete Eventide and also Arturia FX 4

Of course you don't. And of course I didn't. I've actually owned it before and sold it like a year ago. But at this price? Might as well. Decapitator is still solid after all these years. Devil-Loc is still really unique for drum smashing. The only alternative is from Tone Empire so no thanks. And I prefer Little Alterboy and Microshit to the Eventide alternatives almost every time. Oh, also Super Plate is cool but I own too many better plates. Don't care about the rest of the plugins in there.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jngnz said:

Why’d you buy it? Was it bargain fever? I’m guessing you already have enough effects to cover the whole bundle. 

Edited by MrFigg

8 minutes ago, jngnz said:

Yes. Too good a deal to pass up. No regrets either. Will be using a couple of them.

Aha…but if you only use a couple that means you paid just under $50 for each of them. That’s how they get you man. 

16 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Aha…but if you only use a couple that means you paid just under $50 for each of them. That’s how they get you man. 

A couple as in like 5 or 6. Pretty good value. I've made a LOT of worse purchases. 😂

• Like 1